• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel Mystery #9?

87 posts in this topic

Anybody get the winning bid on this at Heritage?

Greg Theakston

Pure Imagination

Hey Greg,

The #9 ended up at $909!! Not bad for a coverless book.

re: the back cover of the #9, I know RED RAVEN shares the same b/c, but I'll have to check my RR inside b/c to see if its the same. I don't know which would be worse, finding a RED RAVEN or a MARVEL #9!!

It's true. Not all BCs match the inside BC's of Timely comics...I am looking for a BC for Marvel Mystery 9..the BC is an ad for a bow and arrow set and the inside BC is an ad for a microscope..I checked the BC's for Daring Mysterys #3 and #4 (which is the same time period) and those books don't have the right BC ads....Actualy, not sure what Timely has the same ad...if you have a BC by chance LMK!

Anybody get the winning bid on this at Heritage?

Greg Theakston

Pure Imagination

Hey Greg,

re: the back cover of the #9, I know RED RAVEN shares the same b/c, but I'll have to check my RR inside b/c to see if its the same. I don't know which would be worse, finding a RED RAVEN or a MARVEL #9!!

Think I was the under bidder. Don't know why I bid on it, was probably going to flip it if I won it.

That was a hefty price for a coverless copy. I recall a coverless CGC graded TEC #28 sold on Heritage and sold for around $750. Although, the MM #9 pages looked very presentable with no tears, chips, or stains.

I BIN'd my coverless MM 9 on ebay last year for $80.00...the seller had a coverless Suspense 3 for 40.00 that I BIN'd too.

$80 seems too low for a Marvel 9...even w/out the cover it's at least a $500 book with decent pages due to the battle story...I think the Heritage coverless copy went for $900+ due to the recent 1.5 copy selling on eBay for $3,500+...

Suspense 3 w/out the cover is a shot book...The stories have no real appeal...but, if someone had a cover then a complete coverless copy will look like gold!