• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1980s cover appreciation thread

196 posts in this topic

Post 'em if you got 'em!!

Here are some beautiful indy covers to start things off, just in case the same marvel gets posted four times tongue.gif Including the best Marilyn cover in comics! smile.gif

bolton2.jpg

akira30.jpg

intense2.jpg

jungle1.jpg

crossfire12.jpg

dna24.jpg

Name a gladstone book and I'll scan it.

Great picks! How have I never seen that Joe cover before??? Another Zeck masterpeice!! rantpost.gif

Done and done.

USA 14 - the best gladstone ever issued, IMO

usa14.jpg

DDA 8 - I assume this is the one you're looking for. DDA 5 also has Rosa but is the space cover (by Jippes if I remember correctly).

dda8.jpg

..and here's a scarcer Rosa, Scrooge 317 (small print run):

us317.jpg

People will join in once they are back from San Diego... I haven't found the new gladstones either... I thought they were supposed to be out in May but no luck yet... perhaps they've yet to be released?

If we can have a huge thread about bronze DC covers, we should be able to do the same with 80s covers! Who doesn't have a great 80s cover in their collection to share??! sumo.gif

Dan

Thanks Rob and Bronty. At least you and I are entertaining ourselves.

When I first saw the thread this afternoon, I though Nah, the 80s stuff is too common--everybody's seen all those. But as luck would have it, I was going through some junk books, and came across this quite striking specimen. Common maybe, but overlooked (I had no memory of this cover, despite it sitting in one of my boxes for 15 years or so).

There will be others...

217630-ww.JPG

Thanks Z, that's a good one. There are lots of overlooked 80s covers - it just isn't cool to admit it yet smile.gif

Cheers and thanks for the great WW cover!

Dan