• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1980s cover appreciation thread

196 posts in this topic

Here's the original art from one of my favorite Sienkiewicz Moon Knight covers. He really did a terrific job on these covers, and made a solid name for himself as an innovator in the field. If anyone has a scan of the actual book, feel free to post it for comparison.

410450-mk28.jpg.36ec3b17cdb4bfef395395e24afa8008.jpg

Here's the original art from one of my favorite Sienkiewicz Moon Knight covers. He really did a terrific job on these covers, and made a solid name for himself as an innovator in the field. If anyone has a scan of the actual book, feel free to post it for comparison.

410450-mk28.jpg

cloud9.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif

Isn't the scale on that cover horribly wrong though? After all the veritechs should be normal size jets in fighter (plane) mode. Most jets are around 60 ft long so in robot mode that would only make them maybe 100 feet tall? By comparison to the surrounding buildings that veritech is about 55 stories high. (Note that the robot is about half as tall as the twin towers which were 110 stories and over 1350 feet tall). That would make the robot almost 700 feet tall.... which is a mighty big fighter jet! insane.gif

Nice piece of nostalgia, I love it too... but as art... it stinks!! tongue.gif

twisted-1.jpg

Being born in the 1967, I missed the entire EC Comics era but I did have PC and Eclipse Comics, who published the Bruce Jones anthologies Alien Worlds, Pathways To Fantasy, and Twisted Tales. I have a page on my website that lists the all the contents of Bruce Jones books. It is text only and can be found here.

coyote.jpg

Here is a scan of my I Am Coyote graphic novel, which I am currently searching for in M/NM condition. As you can see, it has some spine issues but aside from that it is great condition for reading.

This graphic novel was initially published as a serial in the black and white magazine "Eclipse Magazine". It was collected here in color after Epic started publishing it as a regular book. Englehart refers to this as Coyote 0. It was published in 1984.