• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM - Batman #227

22 posts in this topic

Got this beauty from a fellow board member who was gracious enough to part with it in a deal. Probably my favourite bronze age cover of the genre. I have my ideas on the grade but what do you think??

note: that's a printer's defect behind the N in Batman logo, not a scuff

scan0001.jpg

note: a 1-1/2 inch non colour breaking crease in the bottom middle

scan0002.jpg

I feel under pressure now!! Just got one of these myself a couple of weeks ago, described as a VG. Picked it up for a cheap price here in the UK, I actually think it may be better than a 4.0 so I will post it up.

I would say this was a 7.5.

Just got one of these myself a couple of weeks ago, described as a VG. Picked it up for a cheap price here in the UK, I actually think it may be better than a 4.0 so I will post it up.

Can't wait to see your copy UKavenger!! By the way... you read my mind... I was thinking around 7.5 myself. thumbsup2.gif

Too late dude . . .

note: that's a printer's defect behind the N in Batman logo, not a scuff

Uh . . . yeah . . . right . . .

looks like highly suspect rubbing to me . . .

confused-smiley-013.gif

And you should know about highly suspect rubbing! wink.gif

As if you even freakin' know anything about me makepoint.gif Buy a book and then you be all hail.gif

Does the back have moisture rippling, or not?

It's interesting that people are noticing that... if I didn't have the book in hand I would think the samething...but it's smooth, except for the crease and I'm not sure why it gives this optical effect confused-smiley-013.gif maybe because of the general dirtiness of the white cover ... I dunno... but there is no rippling due to moisture.

6.5/7.0, due to the defect - possibly caused from stacking before ink is completely dry?. There also looks to be a little color loss at the top staple.

i'm beginning to think the whole idea of "wet stacking" is some kind of comic book myth. has anyone ever established that this happened, or happens? i seriously have my doubts

6.5/7.0, due to the defect - possibly caused from stacking before ink is completely dry?. There also looks to be a little color loss at the top staple.

i'm beginning to think the whole idea of "wet stacking" is some kind of comic book myth. has anyone ever established that this happened, or happens? i seriously have my doubts

confused-smiley-013.gif

ditto sumo.gif

Same here.

The only flaw that I've ever seen that I'm sure happened when the ink was wet was a smear caused by a roller.

This looks more like a dry rub than a wet rub.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

blush.gif