• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chelmsford, MA, Comic Show, Feb. 11th, guest Billy Tan

8 posts in this topic

Here's the latest press release about the show:

--------------------------------------------------

X-Men Artist at Chelmsford Comic Book Show Feb. 11

CHELMSFORD, MA - Uncanny X-Men artist Billy Tan will be the special guest at the Chelmsford Comic Book Show on Sunday, Feb. 11.

The show, organized by Larry's Comics of Lowell, will be held at the Radisson Hotel and Suites, located at Exit 34 off Interstate 495 in Chelmsford, MA. The event runs from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., and admission is just $5. The convenient location features plenty of free parking.

Guest of Honor Billy Tan, a native of Malaysia, entered the U.S. comic field while pursuing his business degree at the University of Kentucky. He got his start with Image Comics on such titles as Codename: Stryke Force, Tomb Raider, and Witchblade before moving on to huge success at Marvel Comics. Following acclaimed runs on X-23 and Spider-Man, he took over as artist on Uncanny X-Men in 2006. Tan is very excited to be meeting his New England fans. He will be sketching and signing autographs throughout the day, and he will have a selection of his original art pages for sale, as well as sketchbooks and prints.

Top dealers from all over New England will be on hand at the show offering a wide selection of comics from the Golden Age to the hottest new releases, toys, collectibles, anime, and other pop culture ephemera. Past guest have included superstar artists Ethan Van Sciver, Ron Garney, Howard Porter, Dale Eaglesham, and Rags Morales.

For more information, please visit the show's web site:

http://www.larryscomics.net/shows.html

------------------------------------------------------

The only thing on the site is the list of "past dealers," but his most recent e-mail about the show (Feb. 6th) included this:

Confirmed Dealers include: Jetpack Comics, Jimmy from 'Bop City', Chris Miller (Stand Up Comix), Scott Reilly, Finar Comics, Baron's Collectibles, Comically Speaking, Chris's Comics, Bedrock Comics, Fantasy Land, Greg's Comics & Sports Cards, Arts Comics, The Toy Soldier, Bob's Card and Comic, Greg Moutafis, Golden Age Collectables, Dennis/Shawn Burdick, Bill Nolan (that loser?) , Toms Closeout Toys, Dave Moulder, Scot Sevegney ,Marc Prichard, Crystal Clear Images, Colins Comics

Hope that helps!

- Bill

It helps, thanks!

I saw "past dealers," but you can't count on that. I can think of several past dealer lists the Blazing One would qualify for, but that doesn't mean he'd be present at a particular show.

Will I have cash after the Virtual Comic Con though? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

It helps, thanks!

I saw "past dealers," but you can't count on that. I can think of several past dealer lists the Blazing One would qualify for, but that doesn't mean he'd be present at a particular show.

Will I have cash after the Virtual Comic Con though? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Who cares? Just get your azz there! sumo.gifyay.gif