• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Opinions Requested: Wrightson Original Art Value

2 posts in this topic

Hi,

I own a couple pages of original art, the most significant being this one:

wrightsonart.jpg

This is a page of Bernie Wrightson art from House of Mystery. I'm not 100% sure which issue, but I was told when I bought it that it was from HoM 180, making it the first page of Wrightson's second professional work. I bought this more than a decade ago, and had it prominantly displayed in my store for a number of years. More recently however its been gathering dust in my storage room, so even though I still love it, I'm thinking of letting it go. I have a friend who has been hounding me about it for years, so he'll most likely get first crack at it, if I decide to sell it.

My question for the knowledgeable people here is, what do you think it is worth in today's market? Thanks for any help you can provide!

Just a quick update, a helpful forumite has let me know that the page is actually from HoM 191. I'm not sure if that makes a lot of difference or not in value. Any help at all in valuing this item would be appreciated. Thanks.