• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tec 27

60 posts in this topic

tec 27 Anyone know the whereabouts of the 6.5 or higher universal copy?

I may or may not know the whereabouts of an unrestored Detective 27 in 7.0 or so shape. I'm not sure if its CGCed or not. (I'm not being coy here or anything by the way, I really don't know if I would be able to track the book down at this point or not.)

Metro has a raw unrestored Fine 6.0.......and it's only $160,000 grin.gif

It is a CGC 6.0. It is not raw.

S

My mistake....I missed that very important little detail when looking at the multiple Tecs on Metro's site........furthermore, with todays prices of Mega-Keys like Tec 27 and Action 1, this will probably in the very near future be considered a bargain price for this book.

I would not be suprised at all if in 2011 we are all saying " I can't believe I didn't buy that CGC 6.0 Tec 27 from Metro for $158k.....I could have had a $100k gain in just 4 years" If I had $158k to spend on comics right now, which I do not, I would hop on a train from Baltimore to New York, and have certified funds in hand to buy this book.......I believe it is worth every penny being asked for it, and is is priced properly and fairly. This is also why it sucks to not be rich...you can't go around buying whatever comic books you want like this one.

S

My mistake....I missed that very important little detail when looking at the multiple Tecs on Metro's site........furthermore, with todays prices of Mega-Keys like Tec 27 and Action 1, this will probably in the very near future be considered a bargain price for this book.

I would not be suprised at all if in 2011 we are all saying " I can't believe I didn't buy that CGC 6.0 Tec 27 from Metro for $158k.....I could have had a $100k gain in just 4 years" If I had $158k to spend on comics right now, which I do not, I would hop on a train from Baltimore to New York, and have certified funds in hand to buy this book.......I beleive it worth every penny being asked for it, and is is priced properly and fairly. This is also why it sucks to not be rich...you can't go around buying whatever comic books you want like this one.

sux to be you poke2.gif

hello all...

Eric Roberts that owns the 6.5 is not the actor, but the son of billionaire "Roberts " of wall street...and Peter is, of course, correct...the Dentist has a 7.0 blue (but with the previously mentioned "slight glue")....

I bet you could talk Stephen down to $150K on that tec poke2.gif..I thought long and hard about it, but I guess I am just too much of a "wus" to pay more than $50K for a book (even action 1, I am hoping to get a real low grade or restored copy under $50K)...I got my tec 27 under that (it was bought low grade unrestored, and I am having it restored to the vf range)...on a mega key like that, I am just not as concerned about restored vs unrestored...it is about price I can "live" with...

rick

hello all...

Eric Roberts that owns the 6.5 is not the actor, but the son of billionaire "Roberts " of wall street...and Peter is, of course, correct...the Dentist has a 7.0 blue (but with the previously mentioned "slight glue")....

I bet you could talk Stephen down to $150K on that tec poke2.gif..I thought long and hard about it, but I guess I am just too much of a "wus" to pay more than $50K for a book (even action 1, I am hoping to get a real low grade or restored copy under $50K)...I got my tec 27 under that (it was bought low grade unrestored, and I am having it restored to the vf range)...on a mega key like that, I am just not as concerned about restored vs unrestored...it is about price I can "live" with...

rick

Buy it in thirds! 27_laughing.gif

S

I would not be suprised at all if in 2011 we are all saying " I can't believe I didn't buy that CGC 6.0 Tec 27 from Metro for $158k.....I could have had a $100k gain in just 4 years" If I had $158k to spend on comics right now, which I do not, I would hop on a train from Baltimore to New York, and have certified funds in hand to buy this book.......I beleive it worth every penny being asked for it, and is is priced properly and fairly. This is also why it sucks to not be rich...you can't go around buying whatever comic books you want like this one.

sux to be you poke2.gif

Well i can take comfort in knowing that it was never an option for me to buy a 160K book anyway tongue.gif