• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tec 27

60 posts in this topic

Holy smokes!!!! And I thought I was jealous of your Centaurs!

And your Fox's.

And your Whirlwinds.

And your Jumbo's.

And your Super-Mystery's.

And your Larsons.

Aw, man............... hail.gifhail.gif

Jon, it's about time that you took a book out of its bag to scan it. 893applaud-thumb.gif You should do that more often. (You also need to buy a higher quality scanner; your books are too incredible to be blurred by the antique you are using flowerred.gif)

Maybe we should all chip in and buy Jon a better scanner for his birthday or something. I know I'd gladly pay my $10 so I could see more of his books in all thier glory. smile.gif

Purchased in prehistoric times.....chip filled in bottom center...nice book....signed by Bill Finger on first page....No way could I buy one of these today... 1604244-1dec27.jpg

That is a beautiful book Jon!

And yes way, you could move a lunch box full of Larsons and buy another one! wink.gif

dance.gif

cheer.gif

Holy smoking spoon !!

faint2.gif

The book is cool, but where did that smiley come from?

I imported it for the occasion.

I was just saying in the Cap thread that I needed a fainting graemlin. Cool - I'm stealing it. cool.gif

BTW, did I just see an incredibly gorgeous Tec 27 a few posts ago or is the cold medicine kicking in? insane.gif

Hi Jon.

Can I ask you something? What DONT you have?

Thanks for the kind words on the 'tec.

As to what I don't have. Simple. I only post what I do have. (....ah, It's a joke)

And to prove it, I do not have a Pep 22, but have several Peps due to their neat covers....

I do not have everything.....I have de-accumalated to pay tuition for my kids or buy art or other books. (for example, take finishing off with Wonderworld 4 and 5 Church copies.....oops there goes All- American 16....) I have been fortunate to pick up stuff years ago and turn it to my advantage as the years go on without spending "real money". As you all have seen my key prizes are pre-war Fox and Centaurs (yes and my favorite short series....Whirlwind Comics.)

Early on except for pre-hero I did not buy much DC but focused on other GA.....I took the step beyond just getting the first issue of some runs and would do like 1-10 .......on things like Super-Mysteries the later ones are not that expensive.....all in all I am not a "condition freak"...but early on I went for the odd ball and historic GA (e.g. I have Famous Funnies 1-36 and the precursors......)

One of the small pleasures I have is sharing this stuff with you guys to appreciate it and, perhaps, open up other areas of collecting (I almost got weepy with Ryan's posting that I turned him on to Centaurs) to the Board...Without "seeing", without knowledge we simply fall into ruts because memories dim.....

GA collectors have an energy and determination that is different than the other time periods collectors. It is not meant to be a slight, but the truth. What the heck are we doing collecting this stuff which was "old" before we were born.......???

As i have said before ......Supes is great .......Batman wonderful.....but keep me off the main road and onto the path leading to the grandeur that was the Golden Age....(all together: "Sigh")

So if you do that for 30 years it can wind up to be alot of 'stuff' (oh did i mention that i have a complete silver age Marvel collection which formed the basis of the Gerber Photo Journal on Marvels. Its okay shoot me!...)

jb

I would recommend that anyone who hasn't heard Jon Berk's Comic Zone interview with Vinnie Z., do so,.. one of the best interviews ever on the Zone,.. he talks about his collection and shares gems of wisdom about the hobby and Lamont Larson.

great stuff thumbsup2.gif

Hi Jon.

As to what I don't have. Simple. I only post what I do have. (....ah, It's a joke)

And to prove it, I do not have a Pep 22, but have several Peps due to their neat covers....

I do not have everything.....I have de-accumalated to pay tuition for my kids or buy art or other books. (for example, take finishing off with Wonderworld 4 and 5 Church copies.....oops there goes All- American 16....) I have been fortunate to pick up stuff years ago and turn it to my advantage as the years go on without spending "real money". As you all have seen my key prizes are pre-war Fox and Centaurs (yes and my favorite short series....Whirlwind Comics.)

Early on except for pre-hero I did not buy much DC but focused on other GA.....I took the step beyond just getting the first issue of some runs and would do like 1-10 .......on things like Super-Mysteries the later ones are not that expensive.....all in all I am not a "condition freak"...but early on I went for the odd ball and historic GA (e.g. I have Famous Funnies 1-36 and the precursors......)

One of the small pleasures I have is sharing this stuff with you guys to appreciate it and, perhaps, open up other areas of collecting (I almost got weepy with Ryan's posting that I turned him on to Centaurs) to the Board...Without "seeing", without knowledge we simply fall into ruts because memories dim.....

GA collectors have an energy and determination that is different than the other time periods collectors. It is not meant to be a slight, but the truth. What the heck are we doing collecting this stuff which was "old" before we were born.......???

As i have said before ......Supes is great .......Batman wonderful.....but keep me off the main road and onto the path leading to the grandeur that was the Golden Age....(all together: "Sigh")

So if you do that for 30 years it can wind up to be alot of 'stuff' (oh did i mention that i have a complete silver age Marvel collection which formed the basis of the Gerber Photo Journal on Marvels. Its okay shoot me!...)

jb

Hi Jon.

I meant it as a genuine Compliment. Amazing collection.As far as I know you are the only Mega collector on there boards [ on par with Anderson and Geppi and the like] who is generous enough to share your time and material with us] I hope we have clearly shown you that we do appreciate you . I know I do.

Hi Jon.

jb

Hi Jon.

I meant it as a genuine Compliment. Amazing collection.As far as I know you are the only Mega collector on there boards [ on par with Anderson and Geppi and the like] who is generous enough to share your time and material with us] I hope we have clearly shown you that we do appreciate you . I know I do.

I took it as a compliment and sincerely appreciate it! Jon

jb

ok, Jon, don't make me get all emotional!! (sniff)

Seriously, its amazing how much you have shared with other collectors... it really adds such a positive spin on collecting GA material. And seeing your collection of comic art (online) is absolutely breathtaking ... most of this stuff seems to go into a vault and no one ever sees it!

thumbsup2.gif

There were obviously a multitude of superheroes from the Golden Age...Batman to Plastic Man to the Shield, etc...but one super hero associated with GA really stands out for me.

Jon Berk

STEVE

Hi Jon.

Wow. That is a long list. I will start it off.

A new purpose in life. After finally meeting Lamont Larson, he seems to just be drifting.

27_laughing.gif

For a drifter, he seems to have picked up some mighty nice art. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

There were obviously a multitude of superheroes from the Golden Age...Batman to Plastic Man to the Shield, etc...but one super hero associated with GA really stands out for me.

Jon Berk

STEVE

The only one I will call "Mr" on these boards. Thank you Jon for sharing your collection and your knowledge with us. thumbsup2.gif