• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What would a CGC 10.0 Secret Wars # 8 bring?

72 posts in this topic

If there was a CGC 10, What are the chances it would still be a 10 after being shipped one time?

Much better if the book was slabbed with the new inner well. thumbsup2.gif

Dork, 9.9s and 10s don't get the new well. poke2.gif They only use it up to 9.8s poke2.gif

I think I'll just stick to my 9.8 that I got for $67 of ebay.

So let me get this straight - a 9.8 is worth $67 or so, but a 10.0 would supposedly bring thousands. That is just f'n stoopid!

So let me get this straight - a 9.8 is worth $67 or so, but a 10.0 would supposedly bring thousands. That is just f'n stoopid!

That 9.8 for $67 was a great deal. SW #8s in 9.8 usually average $165 with highs in the $200+ range.

A 9.9 was averaging above $1500 so a 10.0 would be quite a bit more.. yes. Whether it's stupid or not is another issue. If there is only ONE 10.0 copy, some people would want it just for that reason.

That's why god made stoopid people! It's all part of his glorious grand design cloud9.gif

If there was a CGC 10, What are the chances it would still be a 10 after being shipped one time?

Much better if the book was slabbed with the new inner well. thumbsup2.gif

Dork, 9.9s and 10s don't get the new well. poke2.gif They only use it up to 9.8s poke2.gif
Ive noticed that too. I like the new inner well myself.

A 9.9 was averaging above $1500 so a 10.0 would be quite a bit more.. yes. Whether it's stupid or not is another issue. If there is only ONE 10.0 copy, some people would want it just for that reason.

It does highlight that some people really do chase the label over the book. Yes it's valid, but we all know it's just a census update away from being wiped out.

If anyone was serious about chasing one, I'd seriously recommend they do their homework on a long term 'sustainable' upper price bracket before investing too heavily. e,g what some one would be prepared to pay for 10.0 without the hype!