• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hulk 181 without stamp

10 posts in this topic

Say you have a 7.0 copy, but without the stamp. How much does it get cut down to?

Usually it would get a CGC qualified label, so if it is a 7.0 with no stamp, it would be a qualified 7.0 with a notation that the MVS is missing.

Say you have a 7.0 copy, but without the stamp. How much does it get cut down to?

Usually it would get a CGC qualified label, so if it is a 7.0 with no stamp, it would be a qualified 7.0 with a notation that the MVS is missing.

Correctomundo sumo.gif . . . and btw I sold my Green Label 8.0 (Incomplete - MVS missing from page 10) for $500 headbang.gif

Are there any known cases of the MVS being replaced, ie., restoration of that page alone? Not to include page replacement.

How does CGC check this page. Is it always checked for restoration? Or is a there / not there check? 893scratchchin-thumb.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif

Are there any known cases of the MVS being replaced, ie., restoration of that page alone? Not to include page replacement.

How does CGC check this page. Is it always checked for restoration? Or is a there / not there check? 893scratchchin-thumb.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif

I would imagine it's the first page they check for this issue, and I suspect that they have found numerous instances of page replacement. I think restoration without page replacement would be readily detectable - even to the untrained eye . . . anyone?

I would imagine it's the first page they check for this issue, and I suspect that they have found numerous instances of page replacement. I think restoration without page replacement would be readily detectable - even to the untrained eye . . . anyone?

Yeah...I think Stevie Wonder would be able to see restoration like that... 27_laughing.gif

Absolutely. It would stick out like a sore thumb.