• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Portland Comic Book Show 2/18 - Forum Meeting?

13 posts in this topic

Hi,

I just picked up a flyer at my LCS yesterday for the Portland Comic Book Show on 2/18 at Memorial Coliseum 10-5. If any forum members are planning on attending, I'd like to meet & greet. We could eat somewhere, or not.

Dan

I'll have a table at this years show. Table #82. After you enter the show floor, three sections forward, left four tables on the right. Won't be too flashy, but it'll be me and my wife at the table. Feel free to pop on by.I'm right between John Hill and David Hardesty... if that actually helps. smile.gif

CU there!

The shows site is http://www.portlandcomicbookshow.com

That lists the following. I occassionally see Lopresti at my LCS in Beaverton.

Guests for the February 18 Show

Matthew Clark

Daniel Cooney

Colleen Coover

Dark Side Troopers

Darren G. Davis

Randy Emberlin

Michael Eury

David Hahn

Brandon Jerwa

Joelle Jones

Karl Kesel

Aaron Lopresti

Andy Mangels

Michael A. Martin

Jamie S. Rich

Paul Tobin

After-show update:

Things went very well at this year's show. Special thanks to my neighbors to both sides of me, I was able to sell off nearly all of my Star Wars figures from my childhood. (Thanks guys! I can't wait till next show!)

My wife was a little disappointed after us not being able to sell the Colossal Red Dragon we had brought. We had made a deal that if it sold at the show, we would stop at Fry's Electronics on the way back home and pick up a karaoke microphone system she has been wanting. ($130 value) Maybe later. smile.gif

This show experience has give me cause to think. I don't have a display wall, and I think that I will need something of that nature for next time. Does anyone happen to have designs for a PVC display wall with shelves for displaying comics? I would appreciate any help on this.

Thanx again!

It was good to meet my first forumite. Talking to John at his table helps make it more real to me.

I picked up a couple books from Harley Yee (my first from him).

Strange Tales Annual 2 (F-)

Avengers 11 (VF)

I said, "How about a CGC discount" and he said sure thing so I saved $30. grin.gif

There were several AF15 there but they were more than I want to spend for their grades. One table had a PLOD 5.5 for $4000. 893whatthe.gif

Dunefan,

Harley's wall rack also had a coverless AF 15 that I believe he bought from another vendor at the Portland comicon 30 mins before I got to the same table. The laser copy of the poorly laser copied cover had the same magic tape along the spine that I recognized.