• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WTB: Captain America Comics #23 - unrestored - condition not important

18 posts in this topic

Anyone have a copy? As long as it is:

a) unrestored b) the cover and book is clean and complete and c) the price is right

Please e-mail me scans and price to dem1138@yahoo.com

Thanks!

of all the caps I have which is two....that's one I have, guaranteed unrestored as I bought it from the original owner Elda Udeland thumbsup2.gif she even wrote her name on a few of the books back in the day.....I posted it before, so I'll go find it now....

Love the Cover........ cloud9.gif1210001-ComicBook1124.JPG

found it.... yay.gif thanks to dickpontoon......

a) unrestored b) the cover and book is clean and complete and c) the price is right

Thanks!

foreheadslap.gif

why dont you post in the right forum? poke2.gif

You guys are BRUTAL! Metropolis posts looking for Billy Barnes #7 and you say nothing...

Just the guys responding to this thread are brutal. The rest of us are nice.

I don't have a Cap #23, so it doesn't matter, but if you'd posted it in the correct thread I'd never have seen it (which I suspect is the case with a lot of GA posters who don't venture outside this forum).

Thanks!

foreheadslap.gif

You guys are BRUTAL! Metropolis posts looking for Billy Barnes #7 and you say nothing...

Sorry, I was missing JC a little today....I'm also a little high on crack. Sorry!

I don't have a Cap #23, so it doesn't matter, but if you'd posted it in the correct thread I'd never have seen it (which I suspect is the case with a lot of GA posters who don't venture outside this forum).

Good point, too many of my WTB GA book threads go unanswered in the marketplace so I think there should be some slack cut when it comes to stuff like this.

Centaurman... you know i have a ton of respect for you, so bear with me. Eventually if you guys never go out of this forum then that does not merit posting of WTB/FS threads in the GA forum... then he should PM you with his request..

On a seperate note... im a nice guy! mad.gifgrin.gif and i dont think we were being brutal i think the question "why" is an innocent inquiry considering we have a clearly dedicated forum to FS/WTB requests

Good point, too many of my WTB GA book threads go unanswered in the marketplace so I think there should be some slack cut when it comes to stuff like this.

why not just use PM's confused-smiley-013.gif

Anyway play as you like... just dont spam this forum as i quite like it as the serious, non-*spoon*, informative , mind-blowing forum it is now grin.gif

"Why"?

That's a fair question - I will answer both ways it could be taken.

1. Why did I post in this forum even though I should "know better"?

There are two reasons:

a. I understand that most GA collectors only read this specific forum

and

b. I saw that Stephen posted in this forum and saw that the responses were cordial and thought that I could do the same with the same results.

2. Why am I looking for a clean and unrestored copy of Captain America Comics #23?

There are two reasons:

a. I saw every cover laid out in other posting and recognized that my favorite cover is #26. I already have a nice copy of that book but realized that my 2nd favorite cover is to #23.

b. These books aren't getting any less expensive.

I began collecting GA WAY back in the mid-80s when I was in my early teens (when GA was relatively inexpensive - I even remember a dealer having a VG-ish copy of Action Comics #1 that he wanted 10K for -- and it was "desperation time" at the end of a local show where he likely could have been talked down a bit) and Captain America Comics was my favorite title - mainly because of the Schomberg covers.

Anyway play as you like... just dont spam this forum as i quite like it as the serious, non-*spoon*, informative , mind-blowing forum it is now grin.gif

Who would you PM if you don't know who owns a copy? Where would you start? insane.gifwink.gif

Who would you PM if you don't know who owns a copy? Where would you start? insane.gifwink.gif

I would PM:

Ciorac

Skybolt

Billy Parker

CentaurMan

JBcomicbox

whatever you are looking for... they have it! grin.gif

I would PM:

Ciorac

Skybolt

Billy Parker

CentaurMan

JBcomicbox

acclaim.gif

I would PM:

Ciorac

Skybolt

Billy Parker

CentaurMan

JBcomicbox

Spammer poke2.gif

I would PM:

Ciorac

Skybolt

Billy Parker

CentaurMan

JBcomicbox

Thanks for the compliment, but those guys would blow me away with just a few books from their collections. crazy.gifshy.gif

Thanks!

foreheadslap.gif

How dare you post this here?

S