• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

detective comics, winnepeg ped. 9.6-9.8 for $4!

3 posts in this topic

so yeah, i bought what i thought was a normal det. 507 NM to NM+. i get the book, and sure enough it's at least a 9.6. then i look on the back and notice it's a winnepeg pedigree.

i tried to do a search and didn't find much. anyone know more about winnepeg? i'm not sure how much it's worth, but i know more than $4. 27_laughing.gif

Looks like you have a book at the tail end of one of the best silver to modern pedigrees in existence. This was a pedigree that started circa 1960's or so and ran into the 80's. It is famous for white pages. Seems all books kept in the climate of Winnipeg have bone white pages if they originated here. It was started by ( I believe ) two cousins at the time. Joe and Dennis, Dennis signed the front cover of a lot of his books. The collection was later sold in the mid 90's or so to Dan Greenlagh of Showcase New England and most if not all was later bought by Doug Schmell of Pedigreecomics.com. Collectors love the Winnipeg Pedigree and it is quite an extensive collection. Joe lurks on the forums here from time to time ( doesn't post much ) but is a good guy to chat with. I think Doug mentioned he still had about 9 long boxes full of this pedigree.