• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Star_Wars_Kid is funny!

54 posts in this topic

I added this in another thread but it is sort of buried there and, since the response I've gotten has been pretty good, I figured I would give it it's own thread. I wish I could take credit for this but all I'll get credit for is posting the link.

If you loved Star Wars or though Darth Maul was cool, I suggest you click on this link:

http://web.gwax.com/swk/

Enjoy. And pray that this never happens to you.

p.s., for some reason mac users see this. not sure why. any smart people out there who can figure it out?

Sigh I posted this link like 3 months ago. This thing is SOOOO old... that now THIS site exists. Come on guys, get with the times frown.gif

Brian

Since I only got here a month or so ago, please accept my apologies for repeating something truly hilarious. And, for the record, I got it in an email about the same time... insane.gif

+++++ A repost of what I posted in original post (for MACINTOSH folk who cannot view this) +++++

The general consensus seems to be to try a program called VLC - it apears to be a cross-platform audio/video streamer. However, I know absolutely nothing about it and cannot say if it works or what.

Here are links to the main page and the download page.

Main Page

Download Page

PS - just an FYI, they are Windows Media Player files (WMV).

I'm glad you put it on again. My old computer wouldn't let me watch stuff like that. But my new one does. My wife practically split a gut watching this.

Hilarious. 27_laughing.gif

Thanks for the laugh.

Sigh I posted this link like 3 months ago. This thing is SOOOO old... that now THIS site exists. Come on guys, get with the times frown.gif

Brian

Thanks, murph -- I could watch it on a Mac at that site.

I feel horrible, but I loved that site. The poor kid!

DAM

Poor Kid my [!@#%^&^].

People have been buying him gifts!

There is an outside chance for him to have a cameo in Episode 3 and he is suing his friends for uploading the video!

DAM

Poor Kid my [!@#%^&^].

There is an outside chance for him to have a cameo in Episode 3 and he is suing his friends for uploading the video!

Well hey now . . . 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

DAM

DAM

Poor Kid my [!@#%^&^].

Well hey now . . . 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

DAM

Im serious.

He is making thousands off this.

If he tries to sue the school boards should go after him for abusing shcool equipment

Well, the kid's not making thousands...but a donation of around $3500 has been collected, and is awaiting acceptance in a paypal account. It is intended that a portion of the money will be used to buy him an Apple computer, and a portion for a gift certificate.

However, the parents have retained a lawyer and are considering legal action against the peers who first supplied the footage online. The boy, named Ghyslain, is from Quebec and has become an internet sensation. Perhaps the best website on the phenomena is at jedimaster.net.

You should all be ashamed of yourselves for laughing at someone like that. If you had a family member who was mentally retardard you would think twice. Shame! 893naughty-thumb.gif

I think what may be missing here, is a realization that someone took the time to add the special effects and create something I know I would be proud if it were me. I'm not the type of person who takes life too seriously, so if it were me in that video you can be sure I'd show it off to friend and family alike. I would also certainly enjoy my shot at the next Star Wars movie.

It's ok to laugh, and the guy in the video should be proud. There is nothing wrong with having a little fun in your life and that's all he was doing. The take without the special effects did nothing for me. Only after the effects were added did it become funny. So, I really don't think the laughter is directed at the actual person but was done to the original.

K? grin.gif

You should all be ashamed of yourselves for laughing at someone like that. If you had a family member who was mentally retardard you would think twice. Shame! 893naughty-thumb.gif

I am mentally handicapped!!

I am an CFL Fan

WTF? Take the kid away & leave just the special effects (sight & sound). You're telling me you would laugh hysterically at JUST the special effects? Gimme a break. That's a poor excuse to laugh at the less fortunate. 893naughty-thumb.gif

WTF? Take the kid away & leave just the special effects (sight & sound). You're telling me you would laugh hysterically at JUST the special effects? Gimme a break. That's a poor excuse to laugh at the less fortunate. 893naughty-thumb.gif

Didn't feel he was less fortunate. Why are you labelling him that way? He's just a guy having a good time. There is absolutely nothing on the video that suggested he was mentally handicapped. And I didn't know he was until you mentioned it and again, I did NOT laugh at him at all without the special effects, so you can take your 893naughty-thumb.gif and stuff it. mad.gif

Why is he less fortunate?

Nothing I red says he is Retarded or handicapped in any way!

In a way he abused school equipment!

Didn't feel he was less fortunate. Why are you labelling him that way? He's just a guy having a good time. There is absolutely nothing on the video that suggested he was mentally handicapped. And I didn't know he was until you mentioned it and again, I did NOT laugh at him at all without the special effects, so you can take your 893naughty-thumb.gif and stuff it. mad.gif

If you think that kid is "normal" you need to give your head a shake. Laugh all you want, what goes around comes around. 893naughty-thumb.gif