• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wolverine 50

30 posts in this topic

Loved it. Even loved the throwback to Ultimate Wolverine vs Hulk. It's good to know that someone in Marvel has that book on their mind. Maybe they can fix the delays. Anyway, my only thing about the book is the quote Wolverine brings up, "Quod sum eris". You're telling me that the entire time Wolverine knew of that saying, he couldn't bother to look it up? It's obviously Latin. You would think he could just stroll on down to the library or the internet or even ask a latin speaking friend what that phrase meant. If it was some kind of unknown gibberish language then that'd be alright but it came off kinda hoakey being latin of all languages. There, rant done. By the way, doesn't Ed's depiction of Wolverine look a lot like Ramos'?

I'm sorry, but I was about to post how much I really disliked this book. For one, the Wolvie/Sabretooth thing is both a reprint of Wolverine #10 Volume 1 and ends in a similar fashion to Wolverine #90 Volume 1. NOTE: It's not a true reprint, but it might as well have been. So far, all the revelations have been ones we've seen in the past. They've explained next to nothing. I don't know why I'm surprised.

You also mentioned the Ultimate Hulk/Wolverine scene (second story). Again, felt like a reprint to me. I mean, that little portion was almost the ENTIRE Ultimate Hulk/Wolverine story arc so far! Not sure why we needed to see it in the non-Ultimate universe so soon after the Ultimate release (or at all frankly).

The one good thing, in my mind, is that the art was interesting in the second story.

I guess I was expecting more from an Anniversary issue and the high cost of the book. Oh well.

Sorry, didn't mean to bag on your thread.

Pat

Loved it. Even loved the throwback to Ultimate Wolverine vs Hulk. It's good to know that someone in Marvel has that book on their mind. Maybe they can fix the delays. Anyway, my only thing about the book is the quote Wolverine brings up, "Quod sum eris". You're telling me that the entire time Wolverine knew of that saying, he couldn't bother to look it up? It's obviously Latin. You would think he could just stroll on down to the library or the internet or even ask a latin speaking friend what that phrase meant. If it was some kind of unknown gibberish language then that'd be alright but it came off kinda hoakey being latin of all languages. There, rant done. By the way, doesn't Ed's depiction of Wolverine look a lot like Ramos'?

Any time you have Wolverine throwing down against Sabertooth, (did anyone else notice the misspelling twice in this

issue??), I'm in. The art is a little hard to get into for me, but I will stick with it. As for the question you pose,

it may well be that he wanted to hear it from Sabertooth, that only now is he getting to a point that he

trust his memeries (as seen in the first five pages). I think he knows, but used this to throw-off

Sabertooth, to gain a tactical advantage, just MHO.

I liked it. Lucky for me i've never read Wolvy 10 or 90. So I dont care.

Also, the "second story" was from hulk 181 then ultimate wolv. vs hulk.

I have no bloody idea why they had to include ultimate universe into a none ultimate universe tho...

I have no bloody idea why they had to include ultimate universe into a none ultimate universe tho...

Because they will NEVER finish Ult. Wolverine vs Hulk so they just made the story a dream.

Because they will NEVER finish Ult. Wolverine vs Hulk so they just made the story a dream.

But it still dosen't fit in.

That was suppose to take place in the Ultimate Universe.

Not the dang blasted normal universe. sleeping.gif

I am telling you just fill in pages to finish the story......its only a comic there are not really 2 seperate Marvel Universes. makepoint.gif

(Shame too because Wolvie VS Hulk was an ok read for the 2 issues that came out)

I am telling you just fill in pages to finish the story......its only a comic there are not really 2 seperate Marvel Universes. makepoint.gif

(Shame too because Wolvie VS Hulk was an ok read for the 2 issues that came out)

the writer of that book needs to get lost, and someone who will actually write the story take over. However, would they chance that. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Still, I think they should have kept them seperate. That was originally how marvel was going to do that, but I guess Ultimate Power proved that wrong. 27_laughing.gif

As far as I know universes where suppose to cross in this mini series..

the writer of that book needs to get lost , and someone who will actually write the story take over. However, would they chance that. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Uhmmm. Yeah, he does need to get Lost.

Butters, you crazy.

Pat

Not as crazy as that wild man who keeps staring at me while I am in my room. 893whatthe.gif

the writer of that book needs to get lost , and someone who will actually write the story take over. However, would they chance that. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Butters, you crazy.

Pat

Not as crazy as that wild man who keeps staring at me while I am in my room. 893whatthe.gif

Okay, now you're scaring me. Don't take the chastity belt off Silvers!!

Pat

Butters, you crazy.

Pat

Okay, now you're scaring me. Don't take the chastity belt off Silvers!!

Pat

To late. 893whatthe.gifinsane.gif

I'm sorry, but I was about to post how much I really disliked this book. For one, the Wolvie/Sabretooth thing is both a reprint of Wolverine #10 Volume 1 and ends in a similar fashion to Wolverine #90 Volume 1. NOTE: It's not a true reprint, but it might as well have been. So far, all the revelations have been ones we've seen in the past. They've explained next to nothing. I don't know why I'm surprised.

You also mentioned the Ultimate Hulk/Wolverine scene (second story). Again, felt like a reprint to me. I mean, that little portion was almost the ENTIRE Ultimate Hulk/Wolverine story arc so far! Not sure why we needed to see it in the non-Ultimate universe so soon after the Ultimate release (or at all frankly).

The one good thing, in my mind, is that the art was interesting in the second story.

I guess I was expecting more from an Anniversary issue and the high cost of the book. Oh well.

Sorry, didn't mean to bag on your thread.

Pat

Hi Pat,

I agree basically it was a re-hash of Wolverine 10. I didnt enjoy the art either. Bring Romita/Millar back and Ill buy it other then that it wont be on my pick up list.

I agree basically it was a re-hash of Wolverine 10. I didnt enjoy the art either. Bring Romita/Millar back and Ill buy it other then that it wont be on my pick up list.

I second that motion. Those issues were great, although I still don't understand how Wolvie reverted back to normal after being dead aka a zombie.... Then again, Nitro essentially disintegrated thoe ole Canucklehead with no lasting effect (that by the way was RIDICULOUS).

Happy collecting!

I second that motion. Those issues were great, although I still don't understand how Wolvie reverted back to normal after being dead aka a zombie.... Then again, Nitro essentially disintegrated thoe ole Canucklehead with no lasting effect (that by the way was RIDICULOUS).

Happy collecting!

I really thought the Wolvie skeleton cover was going to be a gimmick. But they really went so far as to say/show that he could come back from complete Annihilation. Pretty ridiculous since the Adamantium is a foreign element in his body and therefore he had nothing to re-constitute himself with.

I know I'm bashing a lot, but I do love the character. I've just been less than impressed with Volume 2. I know it was sales, but I wish they wouldn't have cancelled the original. I'm wondering when they will re-converge it with Volume 1 (like ASM & FF).

Pat

Honestly other then the Millar/Romita run the Second Volume of Wolverine has been terrible. Not just bad I mean horrible. The first 8 issues all he did was chase redneck truckers, smugglers, and hate groups. Come on I gave up at that point. This book has been in the toilet for awhile and the art has been horrendous since Romita left. I know 100s will still buy the book every month cuz thats all they know how to do, but come on have some standards this book has been bad for awhile and if issue 50 is any indicator of where its going then it wont improve.

FBS,

I totally agree with your assessment. The first arc was ridiculous. I thought, instead of moving forward by creating a new volume, they took a step backward. Sure, I bet #1 & 2 brought in some more sales. But the change of Millar/Romita at #20 obviously showed that the book was horrible in sales yet again.

Here's to hoping that the book gets better. Shouldn't be hard for this character. But apparently it is.

Pat