• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The San Diego Con - The Good, The Bad and the Ugly

73 posts in this topic

Sold to a lady on the Saturday as per Bryce.

WWBN sold for $1,700! sumo.gif

A lady ? WTF? Must be a present for her hubby.

STOP fleecing the label buying CGC Sheep!!! 893naughty-thumb.gif

Huh? Just say that they have already found a new owner for it. Also kudos to them for giving me an extra $200 when the original deal was for $1,700. Apparently they were able to resell the book for much more than expected! 893whatthe.gif

Huh? Just say that they have already found a new owner for it. Also kudos to them for giving me an extra $200 when the original deal was for $1,700. Apparently they were able to resell the book for much more than expected! 893whatthe.gif

You people make me sick. Preying on the label buyers like a drug dealer & his crack addict clientele. 893naughty-thumb.gif

You people make me sick. Preying on the label buyers like a drug dealer & his crack addict clientele. 893naughty-thumb.gif

OK...I will stop doing it from now on.

That is until I slab the best looking Conan 24 I have ever seen! Blows my previous 9.6 away! Only Marvel that I bought the whole time! 27_laughing.gif

That is until I slab the best looking Conan 24 I have ever seen! Blows my previous 9.6 away! Only Marvel that I bought the whole time! 27_laughing.gif

Good, stop doing it. Redemption is never too far away.

How much for the Conan? Watch it come back restored! Better send that puppy in to CCG! insane.gif

Good, stop doing it. Redemption is never too far away.

How much for the Conan? Watch it come back restored! Better send that puppy in to CCG! insane.gif

Bought if for guide less a volume discount, as I bought some other books. Cherry picked the only CGC worthy copy. Heroes from Campbell, CA were selling them at guide, as they have a warehouse full of multiples of many different comics. They finally discounted them at 50% starting on Saturday when they weren't selling that well. Someone bought the other copies of the Conan but I got the best one by far so it doesn't matter! 893applaud-thumb.gif

I remember seeing that Conan 24 on Wed Night. Thought about it, but hoped it would last till a discount popped up. Not to be, and let me tell everybody, that was a nice Conan 24. I was very sorry to see it not there when I went back.

I remember seeing that Conan 24 on Wed Night. Thought about it, but hoped it would last till a discount popped up. Not to be, and let me tell everybody, that was a nice Conan 24. I was very sorry to see it not there when I went back.

Should have bought it when you had the chance. I always go to Heroes first because they offer a lot of nice books at 50% off. I didn't care that the Conan 24 was not discounted at that time. I never pass up near perfect books priced at guide! 893naughty-thumb.gif

Should have bought it when you had the chance. I always go to Heroes first because they offer a lot of nice books at 50% off. I didn't care that the Conan 24 was not discounted at that time. I never pass up near perfect books priced at guide! 893naughty-thumb.gif

Yeah, I know, but I had already spent so much money that night and I had a lot earmarked for other books that it wasn't something I was jumping to buy. It wasn't something I was looking for at guide price. More power to you for buying it. Trust me when I say that the books I did buy more than made up for missing that book. Now go buy more DCs, leave the Marvels to the folks who actually like them..... grin.gif

Yeah, I know, but I had already spent so much money that night and I had a lot earmarked for other books that it wasn't something I was jumping to buy. It wasn't something I was looking for at guide price. More power to you for buying it. Trust me when I say that the books I did buy more than made up for missing that book. Now go buy more DCs, leave the Marvels to the folks who actually like them..... grin.gif

I like Marvels enough to slab them and sell so I can buy more DCs!

I found that book before 6 PM. How could you have spent so much $$ by then? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I found that book before 6 PM. How could you have spent so much $$ by then? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

BEFORE 6? Uh.....never mind. We must be talking about a different book. sorry.gif

I didn't get to Heroes until 7:30 ish.....

OK...you must have seen the reject copies. The copy that I picked up was truly gorgeous! 893whatthe.gif

OK...you must have seen the reject copies. The copy that I picked up was truly gor 893whatthe.gifgeous!

Reject is a harsh term for the books left. Very nice copies. Now I wish I could have seen the one you picked. Scary to see like 20 great copies of nondescript 70s marvels. How many Avengers 151s were there? Lord. Some good deals by the end of the weekend.....

post a scan dingleberry! goodevil.gifsumo.gif

Will do it once I pick up the fed-ex package. Sent a bunch of books up because I don't want to carry everything up! 893whatthe.gif

hey there are customs hassles involved, man. Don't hate the player, hate the game! makepoint.gifgrin.gif

Yup...ever since the insufficiently_thoughtful_person at customs questioned why I bought so many comics the first year even though I declared everything that I bought, I said screw it and played them. 893applaud-thumb.gif