• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Smallville

10 posts in this topic

It wasn't my favorite episode....but I did like the nice moment between Clark and Chloe and I love the Martian Manhunter, one the best second tier DC characters. I can't wait to see how they develop him. It seems like I've seen this type of storyline in almost every long running tv series. Whether it's induced by a super villain, or a fever or a bump on the head....it just seemed so formulaic for some reason.Still, it's better than no Smallville, but I can't help but think that they need to really shake things up or the series is coming to an end. Oh yes, the blatant product placement just ripped me right out of the story. There is no end to greed in today's world I guess.

Yeah, that Toyota "subliminal" add. Still, not much whining from Lana which always makes for a good show.

I do like the way they're bringing in Martian Manhunter. Were there any Oreos this time around?

It looked to me like he was holding one just as Clark snapped back to reality.

Agreed about Lana. She is just a drag on the show at this point and everyone I know who watches it is tired of her.

Overall, an excellent episode with some borrowings from ONE FLEW OVER THE CUCKOO'S NEST and LAST TEMPTATION OF CHRIST. Not as good as either, but still fun...

I agree completely on the Lana - Clark whinefest. ENOUGH already.

What I think they should do with the woman scorned thing is to have her look into Clark and discover the secret he never told her on her own.

Make her an angry Lana...then maybe people will like her character again.

Speaking of Buffy & Smallville - something in common

Every time I see Kristin Kreuk (sp?), I think of the Eurotrip - catchy "Johnny doesn't know..." song (I think that's the name of it) and of Buffy's sister making out with her brother

I agree completely on the Lana - Clark whinefest. ENOUGH already.

What I think they should do with the woman scorned thing is to have her look into Clark and discover the secret he never told her on her own.

Make her an angry Lana...then maybe people will like her character again.

I wish Clark would grow some balls and think, "Gee, she is engaged in Lex Luthor. Would I WANT someone who thinks Lex is a desirable choice?"