• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just an etiquette question.

27 posts in this topic

I think the chances of books being overgraded on the forums is pretty hard, and if they do arrive overgraded then most sellers are friendly and down to earth enough to most likely consider some form of equality.

No offense, but you're screwy.gif

The stuff that doesn't sell on here is usually either overgraded, overpriced, or just not in demand by fish that lurk in this pond. And I don't necessarily mean that in a bad way...., You choose which. I'm guessing it's about an even split.

Let's say a book is up for sale in the Marketplace section with a fairly large scan and the seller believes its a FN+. Considering that I don't know much about grading properly, I wanted opinions from the Grading section. Is it appropriate to take the Marketplace scan and put it into the Grading section to ask for opinions on grade?

Thanks!! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Send the seller a PM. flowerred.gif

I think the chances of books being overgraded on the forums is pretty hard, and if they do arrive overgraded then most sellers are friendly and down to earth enough to most likely consider some form of equality.

No offense, but you're screwy.gif

The stuff that doesn't sell on here is usually either overgraded, overpriced, or just not in demand by fish that lurk in this pond. And I don't necessarily mean that in a bad way...., You choose which. I'm guessing it's about an even split.

Maybe I make judgement from the seller's I've bought from. confused-smiley-013.gif Not every seller. The amount of sellers who get regular buisness on here, from what I can tell, can be counted on 2 hands.

I say do whatever you want, and let the chips fall where they may, if we don't like it we'll tell you, and you can do with that information what you want. Who cares. it will make for exciting controversy (insert Prince song here). lalalalalalalalalalalalala

you should only be buying comic books in person anyways or from reputable dealers Besides, if you ask us to grade it and it's keen we will outbid you and you will be saddened greatly.

Thats the problem, the same names are always used as examples as the best forum members blah blah blah. There are alot of great graders and sellers not named nik, october, flaming telepath and jeff. They are all great guys but they could sell snow to an eskimo