• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The winner is!!

32 posts in this topic

after endless show after show and dealing with comic dealers who constantly lie and talk out of their arse!! I'm more then willing to take my chances on the net and after tallying up the plus & minuses I'll take Ebay over a comic show period!

Only reason (imo) to attend a major comic show is to meet the creators and artists. The rest is a waste of time, just trying to rip you off.

Here is a little tidbit - this is a comic forum. Generally, there are plenty of great dealers here who you basically called rip off artists.

That makes you an idiot_.

Next time, think before write.

sign-funnypost.gif

Welcome to the boards!

sign-funnypost.gif

I LOVE cons. You can see the book in hand, there is exposure to stuff you may never have looked at otherwise. You can talk to other people interested in the hobby. Sure, there are tons of stuff that are priced more than I want to pay (I am hesitate to say overpriced because dealers know there inventory and sells history better than me), but thats okay, I just look and don't buy. No harm no foul. And lets not forget the Nachos, oh the Nachos, golden creamy cheese in all its glory!

I LOVE cons. You can see the book in hand, there is exposure to stuff you may never have looked at otherwise. You can talk to other people interested in the hobby. Sure, there are tons of stuff that are priced more than I want to pay (I am hesitate to say overpriced because dealers know there inventory and sells history better than me), but thats okay, I just look and don't buy. No harm no foul. And lets not forget the Nachos, oh the Nachos, golden creamy cheese in all its glory!

A True Comic Geek we all strive to be like... shy.gif

Well yeah, outside of Comic dealers the creator's alleys are sorta fun. Most dealers are only interested in talking to you if buying, pretty much the same goes for everyone. Hot Chicks...lmfao!! usually it's some teeny bobber wannabe Goth girl or Anime whatever. Overall it's a seedy event with many seedy ppl, infact one of the signing guests was drunk and obnoxious, enough said.