• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GRADING CONTEST : Round 3

63 posts in this topic

meh ....knocked it down wayyyy too much for BC soiling.... tonofbricks.gifChristo_pull_hair.giffrustrated.gifscrewy.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif

I've made that mistake before. From previous contests I've learned that CGC doesn't really downgrade for that.

confused-smiley-013.gif

The back cover could look black and CGC wouldn't count off. It's a big deal with me though.

Round 3 is now closed.

Grades submitted were:

7.0 - 1

7.5 - 1

8.0 - 12

8.5 - 21

9.0 - 30

9.2 - 27

9.4 - 7

9.6 - 2

First huge props to FlamingTelapath, I bought this book from his Ebay auctions advertized as a VF/NM

the result

round3027.jpg

screwy.gif I have 9.0's with corners like that

oh man.. the pressure of a contest tonofbricks.gif

don't sweat it we both know each of us are competent graders- the problem is everybody has a slight variation in standards--CGC is the industry standard but they are not the be-all end-all of comics grading!

Round 3 is now closed.

Grades submitted were:

7.0 - 1

7.5 - 1

8.0 - 12

8.5 - 21

9.0 - 30

9.2 - 27

9.4 - 7

9.6 - 2

First huge props to FlamingTelapath, I bought this book from his Ebay auctions advertized as a VF/NM

the result

round3027.jpg

893whatthe.gif

893censored-thumb.gif893censored-thumb.gif893censored-thumb.gif893censored-thumb.gif893censored-thumb.gif893censored-thumb.gif893censored-thumb.gif

Great contest, BTW, Nik! thumbsup2.gif

Now, could you just stop submitting my books...it's making me ill. crazy.gif

Guess I need to get new reading glasses(or my current ones cleaned) ! I wasn't even in the ballpark on this one. I thought overgraded it at 8.5! 27_laughing.gif

I clearly suck at this! I picked 8.5 also. frown.gif

What did I say Nik, 3rd times a charm!

Round 3 is now closed.

Grades submitted were:

7.0 - 1

7.5 - 1

8.0 - 12

8.5 - 21

9.0 - 30

9.2 - 27

9.4 - 7

9.6 - 2

frustrated.gif arghhh VF/NM is what I graded it too, dagnabit

Missed the first two rounds... don't know how!! Fair way off on this too! Just have to watch these 5 furlong horses fall by the wayside as the long distancer's make their way up on the rails!!! insane.gif

here's to the closers running down the speed horses dueling on the front end...

tongue.gif

Missed the first two rounds... don't know how!! Fair way off on this too! Just have to watch these 5 furlong horses fall by the wayside as the long distancer's make their way up on the rails!!! insane.gif

here's to the closers running down the speed horses dueling on the front end...

tongue.gif

my horse is halfway to the glue factory at this point