• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

variant cover on Amazing spidey 94

3 posts in this topic

I just picked up a copy of AS 94 that would be in VF except the cover looks like it is seriously faded. Seller thought it was out in the sun too long, but I'm not sure.

Seems to me I have seen a few other 94s with same problem. As this book came out approx. the same time as FF110 I was wondering if this is a variant that did not get the full Red color printing. Anyone have any insight? Sorry but I don't have scanner. The logo is mostly yellow as is much of the background. The pages are white to off-white, which makes me wonder how the cover could be so damaged and the insides so nice.

I just picked up a copy of AS 94 that would be in VF except the cover looks like it is seriously faded. Seller thought it was out in the sun too long, but I'm not sure.

Seems to me I have seen a few other 94s with same problem. As this book came out approx. the same time as FF110 I was wondering if this is a variant that did not get the full Red color printing. Anyone have any insight? Sorry but I don't have scanner. The logo is mostly yellow as is much of the background. The pages are white to off-white, which makes me wonder how the cover could be so damaged and the insides so nice.

Cannot address the variant but reds are usually the first colors to fade. I have passed on many very nice Jungle/Jumbo comics where the red (magenta) is almost complete gone and the underlying yellow, which combines with magenta to make "red", is quite strong.