• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS: Dark Kight Returns 10th Anniversary Press Promotional Edition

21 posts in this topic

Hi,

We have just acquired some VERY RARE items for sale. I'm going to offer them here first before putting them in my Ebay Store.

First up is the DARK KNIGHT RETURNS 10th ANNIVERSARY PRESS PROMOTIONAL EDITION Slipcase. This baby is rumoured to be numbered to 29-50 copies.... This book was acquired from an individual whose friend worked for the printer who published the book - an individual who has had access to some extremely scarce and limited pieces (another will be offered in a separate thread). And NO, this isn't the regular anniversary slipcase. The front of the slipcase varies slightly from the normal one.

Comicspriceguide.com prices it at $1000USD in NM (see link below). Scroll down to the press promo edition row. At that price s&h will be included.

http://www.comicspriceguide.com/p-issues.asp?t_ID=353

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions. I will post some pics within the next 24 hours.

Happy collecting!

(tsk)

I'm pretty sure you have to at least put a price you are looking for on it, along with the "I will consider offers" statement

lol

I was in the middle of changing my post while you wrote yours! lol

grin.gif

Hi,

We have just acquired some VERY RARE items for sale. I'm going to offer them here first before putting them in my Ebay Store.

First up is the DARK KNIGHT RETURNS 10th ANNIVERSARY PRESS PROMOTIONAL EDITION Slipcase. This baby is rumoured to be numbered to 29-50 copies.... This book was acquired from an individual whose friend worked for the printer who published the book - an individual who has had access to some extremely scarce and limited pieces (another will be offered in a separate thread). And NO, this isn't the regular anniversary slipcase. The front of the slipcase varies slightly from the normal one.

Comicspriceguide.com prices it at $1000USD in NM (see link below). Scroll down to the press promo edition row. At that price s&h will be included.

http://www.comicspriceguide.com/p-issues.asp?t_ID=353

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions. I will post some pics within the next 24 hours.

Happy collecting!

OK gang,

Here are some pics.

The first four pictures depict the actual promo copy I have in my possession for sale. The last picture is an example of the regular slipcase edtion. Note the slight difference on the front cover.

This item was acquired from a FRANK MILLER fan who was fortunate enough to know people working for a local printer, and received this item, as well as other rare items, as a gift. He did not realize the rarity of it until AFTER he opened the shrinkwrap. However, he was wise enough to leave the shrinkwrap on the slipcase - the side is slit open but the shrinkwrap is still tighty wrapped to the slipcase. Due to a need for cash, he decided to sell some of his most valuable pieces. I purchased the lot and I am excited to offer some of the items to board members first.

DK_1.jpg

DK_4.jpg

DK_3.jpg

DK_2.jpg

darkknight10slip.jpg

According to the link in the above quote, this item is guided at $1000USD in NM. I am offering it to board members 1st for $925.00USD (s&h + insurance included). If there are no takers I will put it in my Ebay Store by week's end at a higher price to compensate for Ebay/Paypal Fees. So here's your chance to get a VERY RARE Miller masterpiece.

A

takeit.gif will of course trump everything else!

Happy collecting!

BUMP #1

Wow, lots of stuff for sale or wanted on the boards these days!!!! Stuff gets pushed back quickly. This will be my only bump for this item. Last chance for you members out there, because I'll be putting it in my Ebay Store tomorrow or Thursday....

Happy collecting!

Wow! That is super cool! 893whatthe.gif

Thanks guys! It's definitely an interesting item. I also have the DAREDEVIL MAN WITHOUT FEAR SLIPCASE (limited to 200 or 400 something units) for sale from the same collection, but I think I'll put that one straight in my Ebay Store even though it's not as rare as the DK Returns slipcase.

Happy collecting and thanks for looking!

I might be wrong (as I just sold my 10th anniversary set) but I believe the colors on the side of the book are also different from the 'regular' retail edition. I believe it was all silver on the side of the spine, not red and yellow?

Anyone confirm? Might help just knowing the subtle differences?

I might be wrong (as I just sold my 10th anniversary set) but I believe the colors on the side of the book are also different from the 'regular' retail edition. I believe it was all silver on the side of the spine, not red and yellow?

I must admit it is VERY difficult to gather info on this piece due to its scarcity. Any further input is welcome, and would help me to sell the item! wink.gif

For what it is worth, the few pics and info I have do not mention a silver spine...

P.S. Are you refering to the hardcover book inside or the 3 softcover books? Because the softcover ones are greyish/silver if you look at the pic. But, I believe your comment regards the hardcover with red & yellow writing...

Yes, the actual HC, not the softcover extras. For some reason, I think the version we are all acquatined with has silver on the spine whereas yours appears to have yellow and red. Hey, if anything it is worth a shot to find out?

I am assuming this book is long gone but let me know if it didn't sell.

It is still on the board members block until later this week, then into my Ebay Store if still available. I'd rather give members a better price here than give that amount to Ebay in the form of seller fees. tongue.gif

Happy collecting!