• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Big books to look at...ooohh!

23 posts in this topic

I found these today and thought some of you might like to see them.

I understand that there is a noticeable line through all of them. Since I don't have treasury-sized scanner I had to cut and paste the pics.

Enjoy!

PRLTU-treasury19.jpg

FOSBK-treasury16.jpg

EDSZU-treasury7.jpg

UJXYD-batmanvshulk.jpg

BETML-treasury26.jpg

UUBCJ-batmana.jpg

the last one I thought was kinda neat because of the whole Hush storyline in Batman now.

nice books...but theres a bg line across all of them!

grin.gif

Ugh....it was only a matter of time...

*sigh*

cool.gif

Neal Adams didn't draw the cover.

Carmine Infantino actually did the cover rough which was approved by Stan Lee.

Ross Andru did the finished pencils

Giordano did the inking

This is all detailed in the inside back cover. (The Grand Comics Database actually has incorrect information on this book.)

Neal Adams didn't draw the cover.

Carmine Infantino actually did the cover rough which was approved by Stan Lee.

Ross Andru did the finished pencils

Giordano did the inking

This is all detailed in the inside back cover. (The Grand Comics Database actually has incorrect information on this book.)

It does look a lot like Adams' Superman face though. Giordano was Adams' most frequent inker at DC-- it is sometimes hard to see where Adams leaves off and Giordano starts up. For that matter they shared a studio during this time period, so it wouldn't surprise me at all if Adams lent an uncredited assist on this cover (kind of like that Wonder Woman issue 220 credited solely to Giordano).

Update: just visited the Neal Adams checklist web page and here is what Neal claims:

SUPERMAN VS THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN

(1976) Adams redrew some shots of Superman over Ross Andru

... but Jim, to answer your question, no I don't see anything on Neal's site that indicates he has ever published any Spider-Man work.