• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How do you feel about blue labels with "minor color touch" ??

196 posts in this topic

I've wondered whether the presence of the color touch on the key book Church copies was not the driving factor in the allowance made for CT on blue label books.

Of course it was.

You have tape recordings of the sacreligious rites of the Illuminati! 893whatthe.gif

Oh hell Yeah. How about the only reason.

What key Church copies had color touches?

Mile High More Fun 52 for starters..

Yes, I believe this was the first big key Church book to be given the blue label with the restoration note attached. This might have even been as early as the initial Greg Manning Auctions prior to Heritage entering the market.

I wonder who the owner of this book was or who was one of the partners in the ownership of this book, although it may have already passed hands by the time it went up for sale on this auction? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Yes, I believe this was the first big key Church book to be given the blue label with the restoration note attached. This might have even been as early as the initial Greg Manning Auctions prior to Heritage entering the market.

I wonder who the owner of this book was or who was one of the partners in the ownership of this book, although it may have already passed hands by the time it went up for sale on this auction? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Interesting. I'd just always assumed it was owned by Geppi and was one of the books he was selling at GMAI and Heritage to help establish CGC and slabbed books. But, I guess if it were owned by Geppi you would've known that. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Interesting. I'd just always assumed it was owned by Geppi and was one of the books he was selling at GMAI and Heritage to help establish CGC and slabbed books. But, I guess if it were owned by Geppi you would've known that. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Geppi does not own the book.

I know he doesn't own the book currently. I thought he might have owned it in the past and been the one selling it at GMAI.

Tim;

Surprising! 893whatthe.gif

I thought you knew everyting about the high-end market and thought for sure you would have known who was the owner or partner owner of this key book at one time. poke2.gif

I know he doesn't own the book currently. I thought he might have owned it in the past and been the one selling it at GMAI.

Tim;

I thought you knew everyting about the high-end market and thought for sure you would have known who was the owner or partner owner of this key book at one time. poke2.gif

He's not really a GA guy. If it wasn't for his duck books we wouldn't even have let him on to the forum. wink.gif

Tim;

He's not really a GA guy. If it wasn't for his duck books we wouldn't even have let him on to the forum. wink.gif

Yes, and now we know the real reason why he's planning to hang onto his FC 178 book. 893naughty-thumb.gif

Tim;

I'm just a Newb. sorry.gif

Tim;

I'm just a Newb. sorry.gif

Whats a Yeut ?

OOOH, a Newb !