• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MAX Yearbook - Anyone Know Anything About It?

7 posts in this topic

Hi Gang,

Someone I know has 6-8 copies of the 1990s MAX Yearbook (MAX as in: Marvel Avengers X-Men Yearbook). It features a nearly full cover hologram and contains reprint pin-ups from the history of these fabled heroes. I think it came out at the same time as the Avengers/X-Men Bloodties crossover event.

Anyone know what kind of a print run this thing had? The owner tells me distributors received one for every MILLION books sold that year, which means there cannot be that many of them out there... He even has a few CGC 9.8 copies...

Any other info would be appreciated - thanks!

Happy collecting

A quick check on ebay and I saw 1 available for a $26 bin and Lonestar Comics is buying it for $12 on the buy list. I think that they might have been given out like that, but anyone could also buy them for $19.95 when they came out.

Thanks! I thnk the owner will be disappointed by the news.

I seem to remember we were able to order it like any other book.I'm thinking the cost was something like $5. It was at the end of the hologram,chromium,secial cover fad,and alot of dealers/customers were burnt out on 'em. Had we known the cover was going to look so good,we all probably would've ordered more.

But if it was some type of incentive,it wasn't too hard to find back then.We always had a few copies to sell at shows and it was a strong seller at $15.

I seem to remember we were able to order it like any other book.I'm thinking the cost was something like $5. It was at the end of the hologram,chromium,secial cover fad,and alot of dealers/customers were burnt out on 'em. Had we known the cover was going to look so good,we all probably would've ordered more.

But if it was some type of incentive,it wasn't too hard to find back then.We always had a few copies to sell at shows and it was a strong seller at $15.

Thanks! I think he'll REALLY be disappointed now! He had hopes of his CGC 9.8 copies reaching triple figures, high triple figures, and possibly even 4 figures. He'd need a CGC 10.0 for that.

Happy collecting!

I would think he would need a couple 10s to get anywhere near $1000. I would guess a 9.8 would get about $50 on a good day.

I hear you - it's all about supply and demand. I really don't see anyone paying multiples of guide for a book like this because of a high grade copy.

Happy collecting!