• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Present For The Girlfriend

84 posts in this topic

everyone should also remember that these boards are viewable by the public at large, and further are indexed for searching by google and the like.

i once said something completely innocent - but still thoughtless - about the name of a company a friend started, and she found out about it when she googled her company's name to see how they were showing up in search results.

embarrassing.

nothing like this whole incident, but something to keep in mind.

the preceding has been a PSA from your friendly board chum Sal

everyone should also remember that these boards are viewable by the public at large, and further are indexed for searching by google and the like.

i once said something completely innocent - but still thoughtless - about the name of a company a friend started, and she found out about it when she googled her company's name to see how they were showing up in search results.

embarrassing.

nothing like this whole incident, but something to keep in mind.

the preceding has been a PSA from your friendly board chum Sal

oh wow...(Rushes to see how far back he can go and delete post)

My wife is too tired of hearing "guess what happened on the board today during work" to ever want to check it out.

You actually tell your wife about what's happening on the boards? 893whatthe.gif

I point out the funnier threads to my wife - she generally thinks you're all as funny (and intelligent) as I do!