• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Present For The Girlfriend

84 posts in this topic

Now that my lazy *spoon* finally got around to getting a picture up, this is motivation for all my fellow collectors outthere who have a girlfriend or wife who share the same passion for the hobby we do.

This past xmas my girlfriend, who I've now got collecting her own books, she has her own pull at the shop, well I decided I would get her something comic related. She sees all the art I own and she appreciates the originallity of the pages being one of a kind so she was dropping hints the past 6 months that she needed something to cover her walls, meaning she wanted her own art, as I have O/A in my house, my home office and I even have 4 framed pages in my office at work, I figured it was time to get her a page. So I looked for awhile and nothing ever came up that caught my eye. I know she really wanted some Fathom, Preacher, Fables or Y The Last Man art, and hell, so do I, but she has to crawl before she walks, if Shawn doesn't have any Fathom, Preacher, Fables or Y art, she sure isn't getting a page before me. devil.gif

So we have this local artist, and some of the other Canuckleheads might know his name, Chalkmaster Dave, he does some amazing chalk work on sidewalks all over the world but lives here in Halifax, his site is down right now or I'd link it up as you really have to see his work to appreciate it.

Well Dave sold my local shop a piece of work he did of Catwoman on canvas with a wood frame. As soon as I seen it I knew that was it

Catwoman.JPG

So that is how it looks. After he was done he finished it with something so that the chalk wouldn't smudge. It's about 36"x24", good size and it was a beotch to wrap.

Christmas morning Nancy opened it up and she damn near cried, loved it and it's now hanging in her room.

So gentlemen, and the few ladies here, all it takes is to find your loved ones interest and support it, be it any genre, Nancy leans towards Vertigo while I'm a marvel superhero guy, she likes the story telling and darkness that Vertigo contains. Trust me, being able to share such a great hobby with someone you love is a wonderfull thing.

I also got her into sports, took a year but now she watches football, baseball and most of all she just loves watching UFC/Pride fights thumbsup2.gif

You trained her well.

Did you use the choke chain method or the open hand method!

if years of having mouthy girlfriends have taught me anything it's to use a phonebook so you don't leave marks, trust me, you'll never have to ask a second time thumbsup2.gif

***The above post is tounge in cheek humor and I don't condone abuse or domestic violence, unless your woman beats your azz in front of your friends then hell, either your a straight beotch or you deserved it and it looks good on you*** thumbsup2.gif

You trained her well.

if years of having mouthy girlfriends have taught me anything it's to use a phonebook so you don't leave marks, trust me, you'll never have to ask a second time thumbsup2.gif

***The above post is tounge in cheek humor and I don't condone abuse or domestic violence, unless your woman beats your azz in front of your friends then hell, either your a straight beotch or you deserved it and it looks good on you*** thumbsup2.gif

27_laughing.gif My wife beats me with a pillowcase full of oranges, and because the mouth zipper is closed on my leather mask (it makes feel like a superhero), I can't say the safe word. My ribs hurt... confused-smiley-013.gif

yay.gifChris

You trained her well.

27_laughing.gif My wife beats me with a pillowcase full of oranges, and because the mouth zipper is closed on my leather mask (it makes feel like a superhero), I can't say the safe word. My ribs hurt... confused-smiley-013.gif

yay.gifChris

This thread has officially derailed. tongue.gif

My Fiance hates comics too, but somehow got me an X-men #8 in VF- for $50 893whatthe.gif...I leave the ebaying up to her anymore because my luck SUCKS!!

...She made me pretty upset this last week though, so she's been downgraded to Booty Call only status until she can make me smile again... makepoint.gif

My Fiance hates comics too, but somehow got me an X-men #8 in VF- for $50 893whatthe.gif...I leave the ebaying up to her anymore because my luck SUCKS!!

...She made me pretty upset this last week though, so she's been downgraded to Booty Call only status until she can make me smile again... makepoint.gif

Doesnt booty-call and smile go hand in hand?

i got my wife a new engagement set last christmas.we were pretty broke when i got her the first one,so a 3000.00 set really made her happy

i got an craftsman tool box.wish she would have gotten me some tools though yeahok.gif

27_laughing.gif

27_laughing.gif

Honestly, eventhough your wife or girlfriend or whatever is into comics, or certain hobbies, like my girlfriend is huge into vampires (you would never tell by looking at her) but I wouldn't get something vampire themed.

I think chicks always dig the "girly" stuff, like jewelry and such. That's the way to go IMHO.

i got my wife a new engagement set last christmas.we were pretty broke when i got her the first one,so a 3000.00 set really made her happy

i got an craftsman tool box.wish she would have gotten me some tools though yeahok.gif

When my wife and I got married we were just out of law school and dead broke. The rock in her engagement ring is tiny, but she wouldn't trade it for anything. I've asked if she wanted to replace it with something bigger and she's refused every time.