• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1990s cover appreciation thread

38 posts in this topic

Valiantman- Nice cover, but I felt that Turok and X-O had some of the best covers in the Valiant universe. Can you post some of those?

Well... this one, with both of those guys, is definitely the first one I thought of:

x-o14.jpg

Valiantman- Nice cover, but I felt that Turok and X-O had some of the best covers in the Valiant universe. Can you post some of those?

Well... this one, with both of those guys, is definitely the first one I thought of:

x-o14.jpg

My favorite Valiant book (with #15). Great story and Sears at his best (which is saying something)

DAM

ValiantMan- Thank you. That was the cover I was thinking of but couldn't remember the issue. Any others?

Well, this cover is nice and shiny (chromium wrap-around):

x0gold.jpg

But the original art is MUCH nicer:

XOManowarCover0.jpg

Of course, Joe Quesada went on to bigger... (though "better" is still up for debate tongue.gif ) ...things.

Looks like no one has requested any other covers!

Ugh. Well let me be the first then. tongue.gif Post some of the better Sin City covers. If you don't have them, I'll post em later.

Dan

I was going to post some Sandman covers, but after looking at them again, it is hard to find 1 or 2 that look that good by themselves. They were always more effective in contrast to what else was out on the racks at the comics shops back in the day.

The other series I followed through the 90's was Starman-- and there were some very cool painted covers in that run, both by Tony Harris and later Andrew Robinson. Here's one by Harris...

4971_4_17.jpg

Does anybody have a copy of ASM 350? I remember so vividly buying it off the newstand . . . Spidey with Doom lurking about . . . great stuff . . .

DAM

BJQPY-asm350.jpg

Does anyone have a picture of a MoonKnight cover. If I remember correctly it was an all black cover with just the fangs of a werewolf showing with blood dripping from one of the fangs. I think it was issue #18.

Wizard recently did an issue with the 100 best comic covers and it was one of them