• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Looking for Marvel Spotlight #5 (Ghostrider) Cover art by Ploog

35 posts in this topic

Hey guys. New to the boards and was hoping maybe someone has some info on this cover. It's a ghostrider cover By Mike Ploog. Even if it's not for sale, maybe someone can give me the contact info of the owner and we can negotiate something. This is not meant to sound rude or harsh but cost of the piece will not be a problem. Please ask around and let me know or point me in the right direction. I buy mostly newer art pieces and may have soemthing to trade. Thanks guys

Hey guys. New to the boards and was hoping maybe someone has some info on this cover. It's a ghostrider cover By Mike Ploog. Even if it's not for sale, maybe someone can give me the contact info of the owner and we can negotiate something. This is not meant to sound rude or harsh but cost of the piece will not be a problem. Please ask around and let me know or point me in the right direction. I buy mostly newer art pieces and may have soemthing to trade. Thanks guys

This is not meant to sound rude or harsh, but if think you can trade "newer art pieces" for something like this, then you have no idea what you're dealing in. That may be why you think the cost of the piece won't be a problem.

The guy who owns this cover pops in and out here. Based on his collecting, I would say that the chances of him selling it are zero. It's not a matter of money. There's a slim, slim chance he might trade it. But it would surely take something pretty substantial. I can't think of anything new that would even come close.

You're best bet to get this cover is to commission Ploog to do a recreation. I don't know if he takes commissions or does recreations, but he will be making an appearance in LA soon:

http://www.comicbookscifi.com/

If you're not in LA, maybe someone can ask him for you. Good luck!

I remember seeing a Ploog recreation for another Marvel Spotlight cover. According to the owner of that piece, Ploog was only going to do so many recreations of those early Ghost Rider covers. So, I don't even think that's an option. I wonder who has the recreation for # 5? Anybody know?

The person that has asked me to track this cover down owns the covers for Marvel Spotlight 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, and 11. To complete the set he needs 5 and will basically spend anything to get it. I know this is a precious piece of art but shouldn't it be with the rest of the family? smile.gif Does anyone have any contact info for Ploog?

Also, is this Eric Roberts the actor? I came across a page on another site claiming it is but I havn't found anything to substantiate that.

The person that has asked me to track this cover down owns the covers for Marvel Spotlight 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, and 11. To complete the set he needs 5 and will basically spend anything to get it. I know this is a precious piece of art but shouldn't it be with the rest of the family? smile.gif Does anyone have any contact info for Ploog?

Also, is this Eric Roberts the actor? I came across a page on another site claiming it is but I havn't found anything to substantiate that.

How well do you know this person? It would appear he's pulling your chain.

What you'll find is that the comic art collecting community is pretty insular. Long-time collectors (and I'm not one of them) tend to know who all the big shot collectors are and which collections the big pieces reside in. So when your friend claims to own pieces that he clearly doesn't have, it won't be long before someone calls bs.

Regardless, even if someone did have covers 6-11, that family would never be reunited...unless the owner of #5 decided he wanted #'s 6-11.

Eric Roberts the comic book/art collector is not the same person as Eric Roberts the actor. Eric Roberts the actor can only dream of affording a collection like that.

I can assure you. If this person says they have covers 6-11, they have them. He's quite famous, wealthy, and has no reason to lie. If he didnt' have those covers, he'd say he's also looking for them. It's quite possible that info on comicartfans is out of date and that cover for #7 was a recent acquisition. Thanks for all the info guys. If there's anything else, please let me know.

I can assure you. If this person says they have covers 6-11, they have them. He's quite famous, wealthy, and has no reason to lie. If he didnt' have those covers, he'd say he's also looking for them. It's quite possible that info on comicartfans is out of date and that cover for #7 was a recent acquisition. Thanks for all the info guys. If there's anything else, please let me know.

Maybe Nic Cage has made the jump from comics to OA? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Just wondering guys. Does Eric Roberts ever sell pieces of his collection or has anyone ever heard if he will sell anything in the future?

His collection is pretty much a black hole 27_laughing.gif

I've tried to get a certain piece from him a couple times. He's always very nice, but but the piece is not going anywhere.

Good luck with your quest - I HIGHLY doubt you'll be able to separate him from that cover.

Just wondering guys. Does Eric Roberts ever sell pieces of his collection or has anyone ever heard if he will sell anything in the future?

Sorry if this sounds abrupt, but, why don't you just contact him and ask? There's nothing more this thread can help you with on this front...

I know if you attend a major comic show and head to the guest artists area, you'll be sure to find a number of not so well known artists who work for Marvel & DC. I spoke to a few and they assured me they could reproduce anything without a hassle at a fraction of the cost. I know the artists have the Marvel & DC pages with them, just not 100% sure they can use those pages to recreated art. Also don't know what the cost would be but I'll get back to you after MegaCon.

I own the cover to Marvel Spotlight #7. If someone else is telling you he owns it, don't believe him.

Stephen

WELL! Put the brakes on THIS one!!!! 893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.giftonofbricks.gifpopcorn.gifhi.gifmakepoint.gifyay.gif

I guess the famous, rich guy has a fake then....

I own the cover to Marvel Spotlight #7. If someone else is telling you he owns it, don't believe him.

Stephen

Is it possible that he was sold a fake? I had nothign to do with the others and havn't seen his collection, but could he have been duped into buying one that he thought was a real one?