• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World Philadelphia Dinner (yes it's early, but read why I'm posting)

77 posts in this topic

Guys:

I have found two private rooms for the Philly dinner, one is for Friday night at the Capital Grille -- but I don't think that's going to work for all our guests.

The other is for Saturday night, private room. It is a monster getting a room for roughly 70 people.

Cost is going to be about $105 a head.

Cocktail hour, full dinner and drinks to be included (still negotiating).

If this is cost prohobitive, speak now.

Guys:

I have found two private rooms for the Philly dinner, one is for Friday night at the Capital Grille -- but I don't think that's going to work for all our guests.

The other is for Saturday night, private room. It is a monster getting a room for roughly 70 people.

27_laughing.gif we spent $100 a head on sushi in SF. I'm in! thumbsup2.gif

However, not all the members of the forum my be able to, or want to, spend $100 on dinner. If there's any way to keep the costs down to avoid excluding potential attendees, that'd be great. I know you're trying.

--Steve

Guys:

What's the problem with it, Brian?

And does that mean that we might not get together Friday? frown.gif

Guys:

What's the problem with it, Brian?

And does that mean that we might not get together Friday? frown.gif

we're doing Saturday night it looks like -- so you and I will see each other on Friday.

Hi Brian, any update on this? The reason is I am booking flights. If the dinner is Friday I will likely head home Saturday. If it's Saturday I'll stay through Sunday.

Thanks! thumbsup2.gif

--Steve

Guys:

I'll give a call to Steve tomorrow and discuss the details. Probably get it nailed down soon.

popcorn.gif

Any word? confused-smiley-013.gif

Foolkiller is in charge, but I haven't seen him post anything in a while. Is he MIA...???

I'll give a call to Steve tomorrow and discuss the details. Probably get it nailed down soon.

popcorn.gif

Any word? confused-smiley-013.gif

Foolkiller is in charge, but I haven't seen him post anything in a while. Is he MIA...???

Im pretty sure he has a big case ramping up right now and that is taking up tons of his time. One of the last times I spoke with him he said that the case would be taking up all of his time and that his board apperances would be few and far between while he was working on it.

We are ON for dinner!

Sorry I have been delinquent in getting back to all of you on this dinner... we are set Saturday the June 16th at Bistro Romano in Philadelphia. Private room and all.

Now, I have told them between 70-80 guests. This will be a very nice dinner and Bistro Romano is one of the better Italian places in Philly (in a city with tons of great Italian). It is not cheap, but trust me, for the guest list Borock put together, it will be worth it. Cost is $80 a head and includes, full meal, hors devours, salad, inter mezzo, meal (filet and a pasta as choices) and of course dessert.

It does not include alcohol. Sorry, but cost would have exploded then.

Please confirm your appearance. I will check back through the thread, but I will invariably miss someone.

I think this will be amazing, and I look forward to seeing all of you there, plus all the guests.

So I am in, and Laura will join me. Obviously Steve Borock will be there as well. Post your involvement now!