• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Danger! Phishing / Spoofer Stole MY eBay ID.

6 posts in this topic

A CAUTIONARY TALE!

Heads up to anyone who received recent inquiries on what look to be legitimate eBay emails. Someone spoofed me with a very authentic appearing site, stole my eBay ID and posted some bogus Super Bowl listings. Fortunately eBay caught on and closed down those listings. Unfortunately, they also put a hold on my entire account until I could ensure it was really me. That entailed them calling my home phone # as well as "strongly advising" me to take their tutorial on account protection. The strong advice was heeded, since they wouldn't release my account until I took the tutorial.

So, in other words, if you see a Super Bowl auction from me, "comicparadox", don't bid, and if weird emails start showing up that are ostensibly from eBay, don't click on them until you're certain they are for real.

So, ...if weird emails start showing up that are ostensibly from eBay, don't click on them until you're certain they are for real.

Errr...that should read 'if weird emails start showing up that are ostensibly from eBay, don't click on them ever, under any circumstances.'

Fact is, any correspondence that comes from eBay will be available through your 'My eBay' page and this is the only place you should ever use to access it. thumbsup2.gif

make sure you log onto your email site (on web) and make sure they didn't set your email to copy and forward to them. It will be in the settings.