• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel Mystery Comics 31, 39,40, 44 up on ebay...

70 posts in this topic

I'm always glad when two guys are crazier than me. Now I can get the little lady a nice Valentine's gift instead. flowerred.gif

You're not the only person who can afford a gift for the little lady!

Not sure who ebayer "bodhee" was, but he's getting some sweet books sent his way!

Fantastic results on those auctions! Congrats! headbang.gif

Thanks! They did much better than I thought. I'm shipping the 31,40 and 44 to the same person - I'm going to send them out registered mail just to be the very safest. smile.gif

Not sure who ebayer "bodhee" was, but he's getting some sweet books sent his way!

Fantastic results on those auctions! Congrats! headbang.gif

Thanks! They did much better than I thought. I'm shipping the 31,40 and 44 to the same person - I'm going to send them out registered mail just to be the very safest. smile.gif

I hope they all fit in the mailbox at Arkham. screwy.gif27_laughing.gif

HA - I was just about to post a link to that MM 92 on the thread that first brought it to light - wondering what folks thought of the $13,000 original asking price.

To be fair 10K is less than 3X 9.2 guide for a 9.6 pedigree copy, so while not exactly a bargain, compared to SA multiples for a 9.6 it seems downright reasonable.

HA - I was just about to post a link to that MM 92 on the thread that first brought it to light - wondering what folks thought of the $13,000 original asking price.

To be fair 10K is less than 3X 9.2 guide for a 9.6 pedigree copy, so while not exactly a bargain, compared to SA multiples for a 9.6 it seems downright reasonable.

Sold this copy, graded NM, about 8 years ago for 2K.

For some reason, this book is fairly common is high grade. I have had at least 8-9 high grade copies over the years.

s

Is this a good case against selling through the marketplace here and accepting private offers and for keeping with ebay and using the boards with a bit of marketing? I don't know for sure, but I'm betting that no private offers even came close to those great closing prices, even with ebay fees. Anyone have any recent figures for those books?

Is this a good case against selling through the marketplace here and accepting private offers and for keeping with ebay and using the boards with a bit of marketing? I don't know for sure, but I'm betting that no private offers even came close to those great closing prices, even with ebay fees. Anyone have any recent figures for those books?

The highest offers I received privately were $1375 for the 40+44 on these boards, and the highest "outside of ebay" offer I got was for $3000 for all 4 books. I think for books that have a wide audience (Timely collectors, WWII cover collectors, Schomburg collectors, Classic cover collectors) it might be best to let them ride on ebay.

Good observation Vince.