• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just got this in the mail today

11 posts in this topic

Wonderful!

What a grail to have!

Let's see...

He worked on the cover to Action Comics #1 (ashcan edition), Detective Comics #1, co-created the Sandman, worked on a story in the First appearance of Starman (Adventure Comics). An artist on More Fun Comics...etc etc.

What an honor Kris!!! WOW!

I am sorry the thread hasen't been very clear Creig Flessel sent me this sketched envelope.

For those who do not know Mr. Flessel is a very talented and prolific Platinum and Golden Age Artist. He Pencilled the first appearance of sandman though he is not given credit for Co-creating him just pencilling him. He also did most possibly all of the Pre Batman TEC's He pencilled part of the first appearance of starman and did the cover to the Action Comics # 1 Ashcan.

Later he went on to paint covers for BoysLife Magazine and do editorial cartoons for Playboy.

In the 70's Mr. Flessel started taking commissions for recreations of His DC covers aswell as full figure images of The Sandman. He still does commissions today though I think he is trying to slow his commission schedule down a bit so he has time to enjoy other things about life. Mr Flessel turns 94 this year.