• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Detective 440s

11 posts in this topic

Two really nice copies, but I think the first one is nicer. Question - How does the printing error at the bottom of both books affect the grade? It looks like the printer put down the yellow first and then didn't cover it properly with the black, but maybe there is another reason. Thx, mike

Detective440B158.jpg

100pDetective440.jpg

The 1st does seem nicer at quick glances of both. I actually think they'd both grade 9.2 though ...weird. As for the yellow ink at the bottom. I think it's printing overspray. I don't have this particular issue, is the back cover yellow??

No yellow except for the boxes in which the characters names are written. I'm wondering if they spray the entire bottom strip yellow, mask the squares and cover what is left with black. I this case not enough black. This is a fairly common error with this book.

I checked mine and not yellow like yours so its hit and miss

DC100Detective440.jpg

Not nearly as bad as mine, but you can still see a little of the same problem below Dollman. Even the CGC 9.4 on Pedigree looks like it might have a tiny amount of this problem.

Overspray generally doesn't hurt unless superhigh grades are involved from what I've been told I agree both 9.2 NICE!

True, but aesthetically,(sp?) some dist sprays are an eyesore.

In my opinion anyway.

Those two aren't bad. Not bad at all. I've seen some along the tops of books that were just hideously bleeding onto the front cover. yuk.gif