• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GRADING CONTEST : Round 7

84 posts in this topic

Could any photoshop experts out there help the blind (me hi.gif) and point out the stains and the crease for me? (and for the few others who can't see them)

Thank you in advance!

Ernie

Done that route in the first round and got razzed endlessly...or maybe it was because adjusting in photoshop heightened any flaws 10x and made things that weren't there appear (hence my grade being off by a mile) foreheadslap.gif

ps. the scan of the slab seems to be much better to me....

Could any photoshop experts out there help the blind (me hi.gif) and point out the stains and the crease for me? (and for the few others who can't see them)

Thank you in advance!

Ernie

round7022lk2.gif

you can kind of see the shadow of the crease right in the center of the circled yellow area confused-smiley-013.gif

Bright colors on the cover hide it pretty well. A few asked about that corner and I replied.

This book was very hard to grade, no doubt.

Plus I like the fact that I am bouncing grades all over the place to keep people of balance and start looking hard for defects, and not just assume everything posted will be 9.X or better.

Plus I like the fact that I am bouncing grades all over the place to keep people of balance and start looking hard for defects, and not just assume everything posted will be 9.X or better.

yeahok.gif

I can always make it much harder poke2.gif

yeahok.gif

Please, sir, may I have another? headbang.gif

yeahok.gif

cloud9.gif

yeahok.gif

cloud9.gif

Greggy, I'm not sure you and Nik are thinking about the same thing... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

yeahok.gif

cloud9.gif

Greggy, I'm not sure you and Nik are thinking about the same thing... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Your wife? confused-smiley-013.gif

yeahok.gif

cloud9.gif

Your wife? confused-smiley-013.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

How about 7.0s that have creases visible to the human eye? poke2.gifflowerred.gif

I have a few of those already cracked out and would like to use them also, but I dont trust people not to check the census 27_laughing.gif

Thank you in advance!

Ernie

round7022lk2.gif

you can kind of see the shadow of the crease right in the center of the circled yellow area confused-smiley-013.gif

Thats the one 893applaud-thumb.gif

From worst to "spot on". 893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif I need to buy a lottery ticket tomorrow.

Well if you put a monkey in front of a typewriter long enough, eventually it will learn how to type poke2.gifstooges.gif

Well spotted, either you have a secret weapon or you ask just the right questions.

Keep it up 893applaud-thumb.gif

27_laughing.gif Well, I was born under the Year of the Monkey! yay.gif Any other Year of Monkey-ers out there?

Thing that did it for me on this one was the browning on the book. Don't know how much is really deducted for browning (foxing?), but when I first saw it, I equated it to the rusty staples from the earlier book--which was a 7.5. I thought the browning was a little worse, and so I brought it down a notch.

didn't see the crease either

I still don't see it..even in the circled picture

Go to the Chicago Con and I will bring the book for you to see poke2.gif