• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM JLA #61

10 posts in this topic

Here is my upgraded version of one of my earliest SA JLA's I bought. Back in 1979, I bought it in VG for $1.50 on my first trip to an LCS. I had read the issue in the Superfriends Treasury-size book.

About 4 years ago, I bought it again. The "upgraded" copy is the one here. What do you think?

jla612.jpg[/img]

jla61b.jpg[/img]

I think that's a great cover!! 893applaud-thumb.gif

I would hazard a guess.... and take it from me, withmy record in the grading contest, take this with a big pinch of salt as I have way undergraded everything so far..... I would say an 8.5 with the crease BLC .

I want one!!

Where's the crease on the BLC? I haven't pulled it out, but I can't make it out on the scan. The top of the back cover scan did get cropped by the scanner. But it had no defects I can remember.

Where's the crease on the BLC? I haven't pulled it out, but I can't make it out on the scan. The top of the back cover scan did get cropped by the scanner. But it had no defects I can remember.

There is a 1" hairline crease at the LLFC. It is otherwise a beautiful deep black cover. I'd have no p-p-problem calling it an 8.0 grin.gif Without the crease, you'd be lookin at a 9.2 (slight rounding at LRFC).

thumbsup2.gif