• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Opinions on this Astonishing Tales #25 auction

10 posts in this topic

I have seen it sell for less in 9.4, I think the price may be reflective of the dealer in this case who has a good Ebay rep. and looks to be pretty high profile from the volume of CGC that they do. Personally I think this book is at the upper threshold now. It sold in 9.4 for $75 and $82 respectively over the past few months, still I have the $$ now. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2183885622&category=35761&rd=1

I have seen it sell for less in 9.4, I think the price may be reflective of the dealer in this case who has a good Ebay rep. and looks to be pretty high profile from the volume of CGC that they do. Personally I think this book is at the upper threshold now. It sold in 9.4 for $75 and $82 respectively over the past few months, still I have the $$ now. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2183885622&category=35761&rd=1

The movie has a director attached as of yesterday. Maybe that gave it a little bump.

The movie has a director attached as of yesterday. Maybe that gave it a little bump.

This movie is VERY far away from getting made...don't buy on movie speculation on this one, buy because you want it.

This movie is VERY far away from getting made...don't buy on movie speculation on this one, buy because you want it.

No doubt. It's just the project was in the news yesterday, so there's always the possibility of someone reading that little item and thinking, "Hey, why don't I get in on the ground floor!"

This book runs hot and cold...this one is hot so be patient and wait and you may save yourself some $$$....besides...this book has a slight tilt to it...wait for a better one...

Like supa says...there coming... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Ya I dont want it because of the movie, in fact the first I heard they were making a movie was on thread. Sometimes I 893censored-thumb.gif hate it when they make movies cause speculators shoot books through the roof that I would have bought regardless. I'm 6 books from finishing the run, I have a raw 25 but its a mid-grade 7.0 ish that I've had forever. Most importantly this is one of my holy grails= First Perez work cloud9.gif big New Teen Titans Fan as #12 was my first ever comic purchase and Cyborg is really a Deathlock spin off, wonder if Perez had any influence there 893scratchchin-thumb.gif nah, gotta be a coincidence wink.gif.

Anyway thanks for the advice and ya I think I can get one in 9.4 for under $80.