• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guaranteed Turnaround Time on CGC Submissions

21 posts in this topic

Effective October 15, 2006, CGC will guarantee turnaround times on all regular grading tier submissions including magazine submissions until January 31, 2007.

This just ran out... is the offer being extended?????(shrug)

We are ahead of time on all tiers, so we might offer it again....... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Effective October 15, 2006, CGC will guarantee turnaround times on all regular grading tier submissions including magazine submissions until January 31, 2007.

We are ahead of time on all tiers, so we might offer it again....... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

How far ahead? I sent in a sub on Monday. Is it done yet? sumo.gifpoke2.gif

I sent moderns in on January 18th and I am atleast 2 days away from CGC. I got the books back on February 2nd!! 2 weeks including shipping to & from!!! I just sent in 150 on a pre-screen today...hopefully these'll only be a few weeks out also!

I sent moderns in on January 18th and I am atleast 2 days away from CGC. I got the books back on February 2nd!! 2 weeks including shipping to & from!!! I just sent in 150 on a pre-screen today...hopefully these'll only be a few weeks out also!

Ooh, 2 week turnaround would be super sweet. cloud9.gif Just hope they don't run short of those labels with the 10s printed on them or they'll have to delay my slabs! acclaim.gif893crossfingers-thumb.gif

A little bump with a thought.

Here was the original news release:

Effective October 15, 2006, CGC will guarantee turnaround times on all regular grading tier submissions including magazine submissions until January 31, 2007. All submissions are automatically eligible for this guarantee, and submitters do not need to make special note on their submission invoice.

My thought: CGC must have had a slammed con season this year. They are still not showing as "On-Time" on the Value and Economy tiers. Compare this to '06 when they were caught back up enough after a move and con season to offer the guarantee above. Just thought this was interesting.

I was just quoting the dates on the website. Value shows 10/01 and Econ shows 10/08. Just wondered if this was a subtle reflection of big volumes during the con season?

A little bump with a thought.

Here was the original news release:

Effective October 15, 2006, CGC will guarantee turnaround times on all regular grading tier submissions including magazine submissions until January 31, 2007. All submissions are automatically eligible for this guarantee, and submitters do not need to make special note on their submission invoice.

My thought: CGC must have had a slammed con season this year. They are still not showing as "On-Time" on the Value and Economy tiers. Compare this to '06 when they were caught back up enough after a move and con season to offer the guarantee above. Just thought this was interesting.

Yep, which is why I haven't mailed my books yet to be graded. Maybe by February...

I was just quoting the dates on the website. Value shows 10/01 and Econ shows 10/08. Just wondered if this was a subtle reflection of big volumes during the con season?

Absolutely. The best times to submit books imho is Jan-Mar...after that you can expect longer delays.