• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone else collecting Silver Streak? Let's see 'em!

79 posts in this topic

Well, there are some cool less-well-known covers late in the run. So if he's going after Chelsers (another group with great unknown covers), he'd like these. Here's #17:

silverstreak17.jpg

i have a couple harold curtis streaks i think! cool!!!!!!

I just bought a Silver Streak 1 & 2 on eBay, and then the seller told me the books had already been sold previously at a show frown.gif So I don't know if its fair to say I am collecting Silver Streaks since I don't actually have any, but I love those early silver covers, and hope to put together a little mini-run of those someday.

it was me; in minneapolis in october, from Hauser. i did notice they stayed up on his ebay store long after i fled the north with them in tow.

Harold Curtis is now immortal. When I was a kid I wrote my name and address on an inside margin of an Action 3. I traded it away like a fool, but whenever I saw the older and wiser collector who wrestled the book away from me, he would always ask, with a pained expression on his face, "Why did you write your name inside the Action 3 ?" Such a pained expression and it kind of took the sting out of getting hustled by a college kid when I was 14. I hear he later became interested in restoration, although I 've never heard his name mentioned as a restorer. I may have started something. But Harold Curtis is now Immortal.

Here's another one. I found this to be a tricky issue, for some reason. I should run the scarcity numbers and see how they shake out. I do know that Silver Streak #1 is one of the tougher minor GA keys around, along with the 1939 Wonder Comics #1.

silverstreak13.jpg

Congrat's Jeff - that's a great looking book (nice page quality, as well).

Welcome aboard the GA train!

STEVE

Thanks, although to be clear, I acquired this copy back in 1991. Since then, I've been all over the map with GA books, trying to get Avon pre-code horror and WWII Japanese propaganda covers. smile.gif

Congrat's Jeff - that's a great looking book (nice page quality, as well).

Welcome aboard the GA train!

STEVE

Thanks, although to be clear, I acquired this copy back in 1991. Since then, I've been all over the map with GA books, trying to get Avon pre-code horror and WWII Japanese propaganda covers. smile.gif

Including that sweet US Marines I sold you for a song! I would be mad at myself for letting it go at that price if it was to anyone but you, but I am glad I sold you a cool book at a great price. That Albedo 2 you sold me at cost is still my favorite book in the collection. cloud9.gif

Paging Billy Parker!

I thought he was a Timely guy! Don't tell me he can take one of his trademarked 2nd floor balcony shots down to a full Silver Streak run too!

i looked at which ones i had that weren't up yet, so here ya go.

ss5.jpg

ss5a.jpg

ss20.jpg

ss21.jpg