• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone else collecting Silver Streak? Let's see 'em!

79 posts in this topic

Congrat's Jeff - that's a great looking book (nice page quality, as well).

Welcome aboard the GA train!

STEVE

Thanks, although to be clear, I acquired this copy back in 1991. Since then, I've been all over the map with GA books, trying to get Avon pre-code horror and WWII Japanese propaganda covers. smile.gif

then whatcha doin' with a swastika book??? you need to sell that to me!

As usual, this terrific book is loaded with Jack Binder, Bob Wood, Fred Guardineer, and Don Rico.

Of special interest to me was the Daredevil battling the Red Sk...I mean the Scarlet Skull. Hmmm, wonder where they got THAT idea from?!?

100_1674.jpg

STEVE

As usual, this terrific book is loaded with Jack Binder, Bob Wood, Fred Guardineer, and Don Rico.

Of special interest to me was the Daredevil battling the Red Sk...I mean the Scarlet Skull. Hmmm, wonder where they got THAT idea from?!?

100_1674.jpg

STEVE

i've seen alot of politically incorrect g.a. stuff about japs and nazis and the black kid in young allies, but this is downright terrible when some red-skulled looking baddie goes to a GAY BALL to do some slashing. silver age marvel had none of this scandalous discrimination. the horror....

Here's one I just picked up from the great Jim Payette. #8, one of the toughest according to my scarcity ratings, and a cool (but cartoonish) cover to boot!

silverstreak8.jpg

I just saw this book in the grading forum? October posted it for an idea of the grade with the two spine splits? Same book, Yes?

Also, have any of you noticed how many Silver Streak books that Harold Curtis wrote his name on and they survived in great shape. Hat's off to Harold!

Anyone have any other Harold Curtis titles in their collection? Just curious what he read and saved?

Also, have any of you noticed how many Silver Streak books that Harold Curtis wrote his name on and they survived in great shape. Hat's off to Harold!

Anyone have any other Harold Curtis titles in their collection? Just curious what he read and saved?

I have two of his Detective comics. hi.gif

820010033o.jpg

820010246o.jpg

I have two of his Detective comics. hi.gif

820010033o.jpg

820010246o.jpg

I noticed that your Tec 102 has the letter "P" on the cover. I just bought an Adventure issue with a "P" written in pencil on the cover. Does that mean it's a Harold Curtis book?

Here's one I just picked up from the great Jim Payette. #8, one of the toughest according to my scarcity ratings, and a cool (but cartoonish) cover to boot!

silverstreak8.jpg

Love that early Jack Cole art! I've seen the interior to issue 7 which is hail.gif -- how's the story in this issue?

silverstreak8.jpg

Love that early Jack Cole art! I've seen the interior to issue 7 which is hail.gif -- how's the story in this issue?

I'll be visiting Jim Payette's site immediately... hail.gif

Great pick up, CM. Your collection continues to grow and astound.

I noticed that your Tec 102 has the letter "P" on the cover. I just bought an Adventure issue with a "P" written in pencil on the cover. Does that mean it's a Harold Curtis book?

I think that's just a distribution mark. Harold didn't sign these two later Detectives, but he did sign the earlier ones in his collection.