• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RE: NY Comic-Con

17 posts in this topic

Just got an e-mail saying that you can no longer purchase Saturday only tickets for the NY Comic-Con. I hope that is good news that they have worked out their issues from last years and we are moving in a positive direction as the East Coast could certainly use a Comic convention similar to San Diego and I hope in a few years that this will become that.

If this cold spell continues for another 3 weeks I won't mind not having bought a ticket to go down to Javitz-on-the-Hudson (brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr) to get pneumonia. How cold does it need to be for comic book pages to freeze and disintegrate?

When are some Canadians or Chicagoans or Buffalonians going to chime in to tell us to stop our whining and S-T-F-UP? We've been spoiled by global warming the last few winters where NYC has been practically tropical, it hasn't been like this for years and us city slickers can't take it.

given that we're a couple hundred miles south, we're usually we're a bit warmer, but lately, i have my doubts. i live near the river, so it's a double whammy. i'm seriously considering thermal underwear. plus, toronoto is a city built with cold in mind, new york, not so much so.

i'm just being a whiney little beatch because I haven't been somewhere warm for vacation during the winter for about 5 years.

Yeah, up in toronto weather.com says it "feels" like minus 7 degrees and in NYC it "feels" like minus 3 degrees. Subtract another 5 degrees for me being on the river with the wind, so I guess i'm feeling like I'm in Toronto.

I went swimming yesterday,in Long Beach,Long island,New York.

Well,not really swimming. Ran chest deep into the water. One of the more foolish things I've done since I quit smoking mother nature.

But it was for a good cause. Polar Bear Club of Long Beach does a charity plunge every Super Bowl Sunday.This was my first in about fifteen years.

Believe it will be my last,unless we get a SBS thats 50degrees

given that we're a couple hundred miles south, we're usually we're a bit warmer, but lately, i have my doubts. i live near the river, so it's a double whammy. i'm seriously considering thermal underwear. plus, toronoto is a city built with cold in mind, new york, not so much so.

i'm just being a whiney little beatch because I haven't been somewhere warm for vacation during the winter for about 5 years.

Yeah, up in toronto weather.com says it "feels" like minus 7 degrees and in NYC it "feels" like minus 3 degrees. Subtract another 5 degrees for me being on the river with the wind, so I guess i'm feeling like I'm in Toronto.

thumbsup2.gif

893censored-thumb.gif893censored-thumb.gif it's cold 893censored-thumb.gif893censored-thumb.gif

Well,not really swimming. Ran chest deep into the water. One of the more foolish things I've done since I quit smoking mother nature.

But it was for a good cause. Polar Bear Club of Long Beach does a charity plunge every Super Bowl Sunday.This was my first in about fifteen years.

893whatthe.gif I see you guys on the news every year. insane.gif Crazy b@stards!

I remember a piece a month or two ago with some Polar Bear Club members complaining about the unseasonable warmth, and it was actually part of a more serious piece regarding global warming. foreheadslap.gif

I assume there was some shrinkage....... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif