• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay whiz 25 scam?

13 posts in this topic

hello all...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Whiz-Comics-25-Fawce...1QQcmdZViewItem

this auction is definitely using heritage jpgs and text description, so my question is, doesn't someone on the boards own this book?...and if so, may I "assume" you are not the ebay seller of it?

rick

hello all...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Whiz-Comics-25-Fawce...1QQcmdZViewItem

this auction is definitely using heritage jpgs and text description, so my question is, doesn't someone on the boards own this book?...and if so, may I "assume" you are not the ebay seller of it?

rick

Could be somebody who bought it from heritage and simply saved their pic of it. I know I've done that a few times. In fact I only noticed it had a heritage signature on the scan until somebody brouight it to my attention

I think it's a clear scam and wouldn't get near this auction.

The guy's sold 1 thing in the past, what, year? And it was a textbook (something any of us have too many of lying around our basements). Looks like feedback padding of a dormant (and likely hijacked) account to me.

hello all...

I agree, I was already 99% sure it was a scam, I just wanted to confirm before I Reported it, as I know one of the bidders,and he asked me to confirm (even with info right there, in plain sight, some folks just don't want to see it, when a "bargain" is being tempted)

rick

hello all...

I agree, I was already 99% sure it was a scam, I just wanted to confirm before I Reported it, as I know one of the bidders,and he asked me to confirm (even with info right there, in plain sight, some folks just don't want to see it, when a "bargain" is being tempted)

rick

All kinds of bright red flags on this one........the scanner image "floating" with no background showing.....used by CGC and Heritage. The "money order and cashiers check only" forms of payment accepted - all the non-legit sellers only accept these forms of payment. Only a few transactions and already a negative, driving feedback down to 96%. No mention of how shipping will occur ( fed-ex, priority mail, insurance, etc etc ). gossip.gifthat's because shipping most likely won't occur.

....and only 1 sale for $21 to a 5 feedback buyer.....probably a relative boosting the feedback for this auction

I wouldn't send this seller a nickel

Thanks Rick. I didn't have time to look his up.

hello all...

no worries, I love the whiz 25...I know I have seen this copy outside of the heritage auction, I just can't remember where...

rick

hello all...

I believe someone just got scammed out of $2200+...I found the supposed owner of the book (who was not selling it via ebay), and I alerted ebay, but apparently they were too late/slow to do anything..

rick