• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Your opinions requested - should I have Creig Flessel sign my Detective #10?

68 posts in this topic

I am having lunch with Creig Flessel and thecollector (Kris Moore) later this month. I have been kicking around the idea of having Creig sign my Detective Comics #10. It's a low grade (about a G/VG 3.0), unrestored copy. Kris is an authorized CGC signature series representative, so I could get it slabbed with a sig series label. (Not that I'm a sig series collector, but how many opportunities will I have in my lifetime for someone like Creig Flessel to sign a book for me?)

So I wanted to get some opinions. What do you guys think? Should I have him sign it? If so, should I have him sign it on the first page, or the cover?

You know I don't support having slabbed books in my collection, so don't take this lightly: Have him sign it, on the cover, then get it slabbed. There's no way a Flessel signature, even on the cover, would reduce the value of the book. In fact, I'll guarantee you 150% of whatever you paid for the book at any time in the future if you ever need to sell it and find the signature has affected demand in a negative way.

I want to see a FULL REPORT on your lunch when you're done. Take a stenographer if you have to. And don't waste time talking about wine or scuba diving. All Flessel, all the time!!!!

I dislike the idea of getting books signed decades after they were printed. Signature on first page is kind of OK, but sig on cover absolutely not.

I have made posters (actually huge photographs) from some of my books. I think they are great for signatures.

You know I don't support having slabbed books in my collection, so don't take this lightly: Have him sign it, on the cover, then get it slabbed. There's no way a Flessel signature, even on the cover, would reduce the value of the book. In fact, I'll guarantee you 150% of whatever you paid for the book at any time in the future if you ever need to sell it and find the signature has affected demand in a negative way.

I want to see a FULL REPORT on your lunch when you're done. Take a stenographer if you have to. And don't waste time talking about wine or scuba diving. All Flessel, all the time!!!!

Hey Win,

Don't worry -- given what I paid for the book ($450 last year), I am not at all worried about being able to recoup my investment. 27_laughing.gif My main concern is how a signature would affect the look of the cover art, and also the idea that "defects" should not be added to a comic book. Wait a minute... did I just refer to Creig Flessel's signature as a defect? I think I need to get my head examined. insane.gif

Absolutely!!!! How fantastic!!

Mind if I give you some questions to ask him?

Mark, you can give me some questions and if there is an easy way to fit them into the conversation, I'd be happy to ask them. I am really jazzed about this lunch! Thanks again for setting it up, Kris. thumbsup2.gif

Mark, you can give me some questions and if there is an easy way to fit them into the conversation, I'd be happy to ask them. I am really jazzed about this lunch! Thanks again for setting it up, Kris. thumbsup2.gif

Yeah, I am really interested in how he feels about pressing or if the OA exists for More Fun comics. poke2.gif

Yeah, I am really interested in how he feels about pressing or if the OA exists for More Fun comics. poke2.gif

27_laughing.gif You beat me to the punch!

27_laughing.gif