• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GRADING CONTEST : Round 8

49 posts in this topic

I went 8.5...started to say 9.0 but after that last round I backed off a bit, I'm so confused! 27_laughing.gif

Me too. Mostly though we just need Nik to clean his scanner glass and quit scratching up the slabs... 27_laughing.gif

Every flaw I asked about seemed to be just a slab flaw or a mirage... poke2.gifpoke2.gifpoke2.gifpoke2.gifstooges.gif

There were 4 people who took a shot at this book being the PLOD.

How many people haven't guessed PLOD yet? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Maybe the PLOD points should have been progressive... 893applaud-thumb.gif

Of course, Nik would then have made it the first book... yeahok.gif

So either I severely over grade, or severely under grade based on the book in the previous round. I need to work on my strategy better.

I know the feeling... but I also take all of the other prior rounds into consideration.

Like this one, I was over (and I based it on some of the grades in prior rounds).

If I had just considered the book for this round, I probably would have nailed it.

Of course, when I tried *that* strategy earlier... I was way undergrading.... tonofbricks.gif