• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Submissions from Canada, some help plz.

3 posts in this topic

All my CGC's are purchases, as I wanted to see what I thought of the slabs and the grading before I bought them. Overall I think they grade accurately, however I think that everone here has a faux paus book, so maybe 1-10 are iffy. So I'm finally thinking of putting together my first CGC submission (forum members are currently ripping my Silver Age stuff on the Grading Board 893whatthe.gif which is ok cause contructive crticism is good.) and here are the factors that I think will be important in the process.

1. When shipping to Canada and exchange rate are factored in are Moderns worth submitting? Especially for a Blue Label? I have an ASM 300 and Dk Returns 1 I'm thinking about.

2. Who should I submit through, the local agent, or directly, IE are the coupons worth it? Have they changes to a choice of 5 standard or 3 Express, or is it 3 Express only still.??

3. Right now I'm considering 8 books maybe 5 of which, or less if advice dictates will go.

Captain America 113

ASM 300

Dark Knight 1

X-men 10 and 58

Avengers 58 (though its getting pounded on the forum)

FF 26

Daredevil 168

4. I am not submitting to flip, these are books I will keep im my collection.

5. At this time I wont assign grades to them, I want to put a few more on the grading board, but I beleive that they are all VF or better (Avengers 58 aside 893crossfingers-thumb.gif see grading and restoration for more info)

6. Are there any other tips that the Canadian, or US board members can give me about the submission.

Join the $99 Collector Society if there are 3 comics u want slabbed pronto. Not sure if they may have changed this to 5 at a slower grading speed which may not be a problem for u since u plan to keep your books.

U may submit via heritagecomics.com or Monumental Collectibles? to get 20% off the slabbing fees.

If u plan on reselling your moderns, only submit flawless 9.8 copies. Extra cost of shipping & return postage to Canada & potential gst on incoming shipment would make it hard for u to flip 9.6 moderns. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

1. When shipping to Canada and exchange rate are factored in are Moderns worth submitting? Especially for a Blue Label? I have an ASM 300 and Dk Returns 1 I'm thinking about.

The exchange rate is a lot better than it was at the beginning of the year, so now is as good as time as any. If you're shipping moderns, I would recommend shipping at least 10 books - that way you get the cheaper modern submission rate ($15), and you're not paying as much per book for them to ship it back.

2. Who should I submit through, the local agent, or directly, IE are the coupons worth it? Have they changes to a choice of 5 standard or 3 Express, or is it 3 Express only still.??

I didn't get the option of 5 standard or 3 Express when I renewed about a month. I would have much preferred the 5 standard, but I got the 3 Express frown.gif It's still a good deal with the 3 Express when you consider that a standard submission costs $49 a pop. I submit my books through a local agent (but since I helped set up the account, I get the discount).

6. Are there any other tips that the Canadian, or US board members can give me about the submission.

If you're sending them yourself, a good option to send them is Expresspost at the post office. There is delivery confirmation, and you can insure the package up to $1000 (it's the equivalent to Priority Post in the US). Make sure you press very hard when you fill out the submission form and pack the comics very securely! Also, if you're planning on sending an Economy submission, be prepared to be very patient! insane.gif