• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grading Scans...

31 posts in this topic

Seems the originator of this Thread has some "history"?

Yep, he posted some books for sale in the marketplace, and then didn't honor the prices he had listed. When someone posted the "I'll Take It!" he simply said he couldn't possibly sell them at that price...

Here's a link that explains what is going on:

Linky

That Sucks. Bringing this thread back on topic, I have to say I find scans a useful aid when grading my own books; supersized images often help me identify problems I wouldn’t ordinarily see.

I find that a scan, when the book is nice and square on the scanner, really shows up miss cuts. Sometimes I won't notice the miscut until I see the scan and then it really jumps out.

Mike

It seems most LCS have an onsite grader.

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

most (if they have a grader) have a semi- drugged out looooser guy with a priceguide... not that theres anything wrong with that , as long as he/she can grade and price right ....

Oh, I thought the on-site grader was the "designated buyer" -- you know, the guy that says "Yeah, nice granny-lady, but you see, we already HAVE an Action Comics #1 but I guess I can go ahead and buy yours too. How's $1 sound? Hey, that's 10 times cover price!"

Yeah, you're right.. it's tough to find an honest dealer or anyone, maybe this is why we have CGC and fewer comic collectors.

Of course it's funny you should say that...how've your sales in the Marketplace been lately? smirk.gif

and AGAIN when he is called out...the crickets start chirping and the echoes resound in the empty hallways.... yeahok.gifconfused-smiley-013.gifpopcorn.gif

Why are we even humoring him by replying to any of his threads?

Why hasn't he been banned or suspended yet? Others have been punished for less haven't they?

Why are we even humoring him by replying to any of his threads?

I've been wondering that myself.

Krazy, if you ask me.

Well I have placed him on "ignore" - too bad we can't start a voting post "should lastyle7 be banned?' with a yes or no answer....