• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Virtual Comicon Saturday February 10

283 posts in this topic

Hmmm, it's the needing to watch my PMs for 5 straight hours that could be the problem.. oh, yeah, I can't imagine selling all that much stuff that it would be such a problem.

I don't have the time to do a decent dollar box, although I was seriously considering it after going through a few boxes in the office and home, probably need to pick out some better books and do a $5 box.

So what's the deal, we post our stuff at 7 pm? Or do we post it earlier, but the thread isn't visible until 7 pm?

By "no big scans" does that preclude doing an ..... link to photobucket? Hmm, I don't know how to do anything else.....

Awe come on, I read half the posts in this thread. Are the answers to my questions in the other half of the posts?

I don't know.......I'm waiting for the "Cliff Notes" version myself. confused-smiley-013.gif

flowerred.gif

I'm putting the over/under on a total server crash at 26,000 thumbnails.

Chris/understreet probably has 25k ready to go. gossip.gif

and we have seen them a 100 times poke2.gif

By "no big scans" does that preclude doing an ..... link to photobucket? Hmm, I don't know how to do anything else.....

Do this:

Type in:

[*url=link]title[/url]

Where "link"=the URL Link provided under the image at photobucket and "title" is the text you want to point to it. But don't type in the "*" I just put that there so it wouldn't create a blank link.

Robotmen of the Lost Planet

Are NeatStuffCollectibles and ShowcaseNewEngland going to have booths? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif27_laughing.gifinsane.gif

If they want to make a post, sure. All are welcome. Big dealers, small dealers, you, Greggy, even Joe Blow down the street. Everybody is welcome here to sell books.

actually, there's a problem.....there IS A LIMIT on what you can post into a response....(ie the if you want to post 10,000 items go for it comment) so this is flawed...If items exceed the post limit a seller must make more posts. How do you propose we handle?

What limit aside from time is there to editing one's 'booth'?

Is there a limit to the times one can edit?

edit

edit

I'm looking up to see if there is a post size limitation. I certainly don't expect people to list 10,000 comics... but maybe if you sell them by the LOT, you can cut down on the length of your post.

Let's keep in mind that there are a lot of sellers and that if you post an excessively long post, people may not appreciate that.

I think you can edit your posts continuously.. and are encouraged to do so DURING the con to indicate sold books (or to remove the sold books and replace them with something else.)

I don't think there's a limit on the NUMBER of times you can edit a post.. I've certainly seen it done more than a dozen times on a single post.

There is a limit as to how long your post is editable (I think its 48 hours, but might be shorter). You can edit your own post a zillion times.

For Fuelman:

Here are the guidelines we're going to follow for this first effort:

1) One thread

2) One post per person within the thread, for a single "booth" for a seller.

3) Starts at 7 PM EST, goes until midnight EST. Sellers can "close" their booths early if they want, but NO PRESHOW SELLING of items in your booth.

4) All sales must be honored.

5) Books for sale in the Virtual Comicon can ONLY be in that thread, no place else

6) Either a thumbnail or a link to a book, not large scans.

7) Responses only through PMs, NOT "I'll take it" signs. Seller is responsible for updating his/her own post.

8) Other sales threads are welcome and encouraged, but only one post per person within the thread to start with.

9) "Booths" can be updated throughout the event by sellers, but ONLY within their own post.

10) NO limit on the length of the post - you can have 10,000 items in there, if you so desire

11) Absolutely NO discrimination against whoever wants to post items. Anybody who wants to post, please do so.

12) We'd prefer that people set up their "booths" ahead of time, so everybody knows who is in the Comicon.

13) You can sell anything even remotely comic related. Books, toys, games, whatever. This is a comic show. The last time I went to a comic show where there were no toys for sale was about 1980.

14) Off-topic posts ( takeit.gif, acclaim.gifcloud9.gifmakepoint.gifsign-offtopic.gif, Greggy's shorts are too short) within the Shared Thread will be PMed to delete their post to keep the thread clean.

15) "Moderators" for this event are myself, sckao, Jimm94, and Comicwiz. Please address all questions/concerns to one of us. I'll be the Ringmaster for the opening, Shin will be taking over after about 715 EST, and then I'll be back after dinner with the neighbors.

We will be making a NEW THREAD for the convention. This is just the FAQ thread. I'll start that thread tonight, please post into that one with your booth, NOT THIS ONE.

I'm opening the Convention Hall for setup. Only "booths" there, no questions. This is the FAQ thread.

yay.gif

Post a PLACEHOLDER POST in the Virtual CONVENTION THREAD TO HOLD YOUR SPOT!

Are NeatStuffCollectibles and ShowcaseNewEngland going to have booths? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif27_laughing.gifinsane.gif

If they want to make a post, sure. All are welcome. Big dealers, small dealers, you, Greggy, even Joe Blow down the street. Everybody is welcome here to sell books.

I hear Joe Blow's got some awesome stock . . . poke2.gif