• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Swamp Thing #9

11 posts in this topic

It's a little hard to see if the corners are square or on their way to becoming slightly blunt. The cover ink is clear but shows a very small amount of wear (that could just be the scan though). The white along the spine does a good job of covering up bindery stress lines, but that doesn't mean there are any there. I would say 9.0 if the corners aren't square and there are hidden stress lines, 9.4 if both of those items are non-existent.

God, I love that cover and have studied it a long time in my youth. Back in 1980, I used to try to copy some comic images free-hand to put up in my room. (I was 14 ) I loved Wrightson's work and did a big version of this exact one and colored it to boot. You know, I think I might still have it but it's too big for the scanner I think.

Oh, and beautiful book that looks at least a 9.2

OK, forgive me as this Thread spurred me on to look up what I mentioned. I found it and scanned part of it. Again, I did this way back in 1980 at age 14. I used crayons to add the color. I've got nothing on Wrightson. 27_laughing.gif

sw2.jpg[/img]

Thanks for humoring me. It sure does bring back memories.