• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Deleted.

12 posts in this topic

I'm trying to id an old crime comic (50's I assume). It has a cover with a criminal holding a woman's decapitated head (?) and he's trying to escape down a manhole as the cops pull up in a car and shoot at him? I have the cover in my head but can't think of the title. This is considered a classic cover, so I'm sure one of you guys will identify it quickly. Thanks!

689065-fac20.jpg

I don't know what Dr. Wertham was all bunged up about........how is this not perfectly innocent and appropriate for little kids? confused-smiley-013.gif

Yes, as Bill Gaines would say.........at least it's a nice straight cut and we don't see the dangling flesh and loose blood dripping from the severed neck and stump of the body. boo.gif

No need to delete this thread, any excuse to view that book again is a good one! thumbsup2.gif

Even I, a pre-code horror and crime nut, find that cover inappropriately gruesome - possibly the most graphically violent and lurid of both genres (from that era, of course - that cover is mild compared to the modern stuff).

Not that I wouldn't want a copy of course.... crazy.gif

I don't know what Dr. Wertham was all bunged up about........how is this not perfectly innocent and appropriate for little kids? confused-smiley-013.gif

Yes, as Bill Gaines would say.........at least it's a nice straight cut and we don't see the dangling flesh and loose blood dripping from the severed neck and stump of the body. boo.gif

27_laughing.gifsign-funnypost.gif

689065-fac20.jpg

Exactly. insane.gif

Love this book, btw. Great cover