• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

my collection just broke 1000

36 posts in this topic

I know it's not a big number to a lot of ppl on here, but my meager collection just broke 1,000 books last night after getting back into the hobby some 8 months ago. The books that pushed it over the edge were some mid-grade bronze conans I picked up for 0.25 each at my local half-price books. A link to everything else I have is in my sig. Bring on the next 1,000 books! Do you remember what your 1,000th (or 10,000th, 50,000th, etc) book was?

I don't have any idea how many books are even in my collection (10 long boxes). One day I may grade and do a complete inventory...but I doubt it.

The first book I remember picking up as a kid was FF208.

I don't have any idea how many books are even in my collection (10 long boxes). One day I may grade and do a complete inventory...but I doubt it.

The first book I remember picking up as a kid was FF208.

Well I have around 1015 books, and that's 4 long boxes with bags and boards...my first book was issue #17 of the 1988 Wolverine series (bought as a back issue)...sorry if that makes any of you geezers feel even older grin.gif

I remember dumping/selling 35 long boxes 4 months ago acclaim.gif
I just started going thru 60 long boxes i just bought --------uugghhhh !!!!

Holy schnikies ... Enjoy it. It's the process of discovery that's exciting.

Congratulations on hitting a milestone.

I just hit 3000. When I hit 1000, I was a lot younger and it did mean something then. Now, all of my friends who used to collect comics don't anymore so I really have no one to share anything like this with. (Besides, my wife and kid's would just roll their eyes and humor me. 27_laughing.gif )